Terrific along with the progesterone cream

Posted by Reviewer2031172 on Oct 10, 2010

This cream in conjunction with the progesterone cream by the same group (emerita) found here on iherb has saved my mind. I also take Nature's Way DIM-Plus found here on iherb as well for ESTROGEN ABSORPTION which is a must if you are on estrogen cream. I'm also a biology major at 49 years old in college so hear me out on this. If you are having hormone deficiency in estrogen/progestrogen, then you might also have issues with testosterone which we women also produce in small quantities that then helps us absorb estrogen. Otherwise these creams are good for a short while and then the estrogen just sits there and doesn't have a place to go because there's no testosterone distributing it (for those of us who are also deficient in it). DIM-Plus helps you absorb the estrogen and doesn't hurt you. So I use all three and man I wonder why I wasn't doing this ten years ago. I truly believe menopause must be a very gradual thing and we all think that PMS is driving us nutts perhaps at 35 to 40 but really it might be a gradual menopause. I have suffered for years with various symptoms. Then I went into a major menopause shift with hot flashes two years ago and suffered a great deal. I tried black cohosh and other vitamin mixes and it didn't help that much. I went to my doc in July and she put me on the estrogen patch and prometrium pills (which I hate...I was on these a few years ago). I had a really bad reaction to the patches, gained 20 pounds in one month (kid you not), bloated, lethargic ...horrible. So I trashed those and went with these creams and the relief is indescribable!! Just in time for this semester too so I can *think* for once instead of feeling awful and vulnerable all the time. Get all three products above and you will feel *better* than ever.

Very Good Product Overall

Posted by Reviewer2128490 on Dec 30, 2009

I use both Emeritas progesterone cream and this one. They can be used together, taking one in the Am and one Pm (usually progesterone Pm.) They do have noticeable effects but the Phytoestrogen can make you nervous and irritable if you don't need to use it. If you do, it may be a lifesaver! The progesterone is more calming but again, if you don't need it you may get breast tenderness and spotting. If ONLY we knew precisely WHEN our hormones were dropping and HOW MUCH of these to use and WHEN to avoid them during our peri cycles! I think the Phytoestrogen will work best for post menopausal women and the Progesterone for peri women who take it the last half of their cycle. The progesterone is very nice to use if you have very heavy cramping and bleeding the first day or two of the cycle. I like the fact these creams are made without parabens.

A Life Saver!

Posted by Reviewer1710874 on Jun 03, 2009

I had been very lethargic and weepy for WAY too long. The very first time I applied this cream I felt SOOOOOOO much better. Things have been improving in the 10 days I've been using the cream, mostly every other day so far for some odd reason. The folks at Emerita say it takes up to 3-4 months to work fully. Thank you Emerita and thank you Iherb for this God send!!!!!!! I feel like I have my life back.

Emerita Rocks!

Posted by Reviewer2550334 on Mar 29, 2009

I suffer from migraines among many other female in her 40's issues and this unbelievable product put a stop to the constant migraine hell I was in for over a year. My migraines are also considered complex for those of you that have this type. Try it I can not say enough great things about this product and I can not express how upset with all my doctors I am for not suggesting it. I also read reviews that said it took time to work. It worked for me within 48 hours. The one thing I struggle with are the days you go off the cream so I'm reading John Lee's book to get more insight on dose and allowable use. It also took away that underline anxiety I've felt for year. AMAZING RESULTS!

Maria Burke

Posted by Reviewer1752370 on Nov 29, 2008

I have found this to be wonderful for hot flushes and much better than conventional drugs given by my doctor for this condition. It is great to be in the driving seat for my own health. Since starting the cream I have had no hot flushes, prior to this I was having one every half hour or so and the drugs given by the doctor had potentially dangerous side effects. I feel great again! Thank you Emerita and iHerb!

No more hot flashes.

Posted by Reviewer1546092 on Feb 27, 2008

I use about a quarter teaspoon of this cream every night and am no longer bothered by hot flashes, day or night. It is light enough to use on my face, although it can be used elsewhere with the same results.... Very happy I found it; and it's made of estrogen from plants, not abused mares.

Natural Hormone Balancing cream

Posted by 5366031092281555316 on Apr 30, 2014

This was the first time I had ordered with this company so I checked them out to ensure they are legitimate as I'm from the UK and this is a US company. I needn't have worried, they are a good company and forwarded the Emerita within 24 hours of my on-line order. It took 14 days to arrive as expected for the standard $4 postal fee to the UK. Unfortunately, I was charged £4.13 in UK import VAT and an £8 handling fee by the UK post office (around $20 in total) on an order value of $35, ouch! So, if you are ordering from the UK make sure the value of your order is under £15 to avoid these fees (around $25).Check out the Post office website for further information. The product itself is brilliant, I used to be able to get it here in the UK, sadly not anymore. Following an early Hysterectomy with loss of an ovary, I began to get the most horrendous hot flushes, every 1/2 hour all day and all night, it was overwhelming. My GP was useless an I was desperate after 10 months of little sleep, constantly taking clothes off then back on again, sweat running off me, showering several times a day and the sheer exhaustion took its toll. I did some research and found this natural product, within a week the flushes had reduced! I got into a good rhythm using the cream for 3 weeks and then having 2 weeks off it, trying to mimic my cycle before the menopause, this has worked fairly well. My life is now worth living, I still get flushes but they are much less in intensity and less frequent. I'm 54 now and had to do without Emerita for 2 months because I couldn't get it; the flushes came back again as bad as before. This cream has phytoestrogen, which is what I need, do your research as you may need the Pro-gest cream (by Emerita) depending on your problem. When I run out again I will order from i-Herb, but it will be for 1 tube to keep below the VAT import rate!

Extra help when Progest isn't enough

Posted by Reviewer3323341 on Jul 15, 2008

I have used this for myself and my patients when they have big sudden hormone slumps and the Progest cream is not enough. Later I suspend and stick with only Progest cream.

Its a miracle!

Posted by Reviewer2837246 on Mar 21, 2006

Just a month ago, I was MISERABLE! Hot flashes all day and throughout my sleepless nights! A friend recommended the Emerita Phytoestrogen and ProGest creams. Out of sheer desperation, I bought a tube of each, as well as a box of the Emerita Menopause Plus supplements. After only 7-10 days, I was myself again, sleeping through the night like a baby and without the exhausting sweats throughout the day. Life is good again! Today I've ordered 2 of everything, cause I don't ever intend to run out of these products again! --Tanya

works for me

Posted by Reviewer2540500 on Jan 08, 2014

I have been using this product for over a year and I find it keeps me balanced and cool-headed. I was going through some mood swings and hot flashes and not a little depression and since using this product in combination with the emerita progesterone cream I am completely free of symptoms. I have found it reliable for the long haul, not just a short-term fix.