LIFESAVER - Dual Review- Product and Seller

Posted by 5161645999867480162 on May 31, 2015

Quick review of seller (think review is blocked if i use their name)- they were amazing in replacing a lost shipment to me- excellent, professional service in replacing what UPS should have delivered without issue. Because of their stellar customer service, I will most certainly continue shopping with them. NOW, re: the product. Several years ago, I suddenly started gaining weight for no apparent reason e.g. there was no change in diet/exercise but i had removed some medications I was prescribed for pain/ MS and my menstrual cycle came back with a vengeance. Initially, wasn't too bad other than those days of the month (which became longer and longer as time went on). Since I had hit 40, i started anticipating menopause - but the symptoms continued worsening by the cycle with no end in sight. My weight began to increase in extreme amounts (still no logical reason why). I dieted more, reduced food intake, exercised more, and on and on....until I found myself this last year in a bout of major depression/moodiness, bodily aches and numerous symptoms akin to peri-menopause. I didn't really want to add another pharm. medication to my body so I started looking into Emerita and similar products in addition to reading medical journals on the complex nature of female hormones). Because of the positive reviews Emerita has received (and I read around 50-75 of them), combined with iHerbs prices and reviews, i ordered this and Emerita Phytoestrogen (should be used together apparently) and I feel like a different person. I must admit, I am one of those people that roll my eyes at a lot of claims - particularly the thought that a lotion can have this much benefit - or that we absorb that much bad stuff e.g. hormones from antibiotic-fed cattle, plastics or materials, etc. around us...but since i started using these two products (twice a day/ dime size) my moods have stabilized e.g. I feel normal again; and i've been losing one to two pounds a day (again no change in diet/exercise); and today for the first time ever, I felt normal with no skeletal / joint pain. It's only been two weeks, so I will continue to monitor. But if you even identify with these symptoms, I hope you'll give this a go. I'm amazed at the difference. I was starting to count my "end of days" it had gotten that bad. I'll post again in another few weeks, but as far as I can tell...this has truly been a life saver for me -- and for my family who surely thought I was turning into a lunatic :-)

A wonderful cream

Posted by 5162794262804192924 on Dec 15, 2014

Does wonders against hot flashes and menopause-related insomnia. Too bad it doesn't have any weight-loss effect on me, but you can't have it all! And it's really cheap, since you use so little. A tube like this lasts me over 3 months.

I like this product but the price has almost doubled over the years..

Posted by Reviewer2652825 on Oct 29, 2014

I do like this product. I started out with the single packets for several years and then switched to the tube as I got comfortable with the dosing. It was much cheap in bulk but now every time I order, the price is higher and almost what I can get it for at the local pharmacy. What is happening , I herb. I used to love that I could save some $$ money with you?

not opened yet

Posted by Reviewer1901447 on Oct 12, 2014

Others tell me this is a good product. I have low progesterone levels so i am hoping this will help bring my progesterone level to normal. I would rather discover what causes me to have low progesterone but have no clue about diagnosing that.

Pro-Gest helps with post menopause

Posted by Reviewer1349153 on Sep 23, 2014

I am 68 y.o. and have been using Emerita's Pro-Gest cream for several plus years. I have tried other brands, but this is preferred because it does not feel heavy and there's no fragrance. It has helped enormously with vaginal dryness. I follow a 21 day use and 7 day break; using about 1/4 tsp.

Good Progesterone Cream

Posted by 5231496214783765762 on Apr 02, 2014

This product gets 5 stars from me my system is very sensitive to additives and I do not react poorly to this one. Plus, the product seems to be working for me as far as balancing out my hormones. I recommend this product.

Cannot say much

Posted by Reviewer2301155 on Feb 15, 2014

Going through menopause, it is hard to measure the effects of this product.

Posted by Reviewer2140527 on Jan 06, 2014

An amazing product but I wish it had a pump or at least a measuring spoon to get the right amount: come on Emerita, it can't cost that much!

The best!

Posted by Reviewer1063977 on Jan 02, 2014

I was told to take progesterone pills but after reading about the potential side effects I decided against taking them. Instead I ordered this and I have had NO side effects, just positive results! I'm 29 but my levels were found to be low, so I definitely recommend getting tested before slathering this on, especially if you are young and not in menopause. It absorbs very quickly, has no smell, and is easy to dose. Thank you Emerita!

Economical, Clean Alternative to Compounded Progest Cream

Posted by priyanka on Dec 29, 2013

I've been using this for about a year since testing showed low progesterone. Within a few months, my levels were normal again and symptoms of PMS were greatly reduced. I recently started using a bit more (1/4+ tsp. 2 x daily) and noticed even greater benefits in mood stabilization, so you may need to play with the dosage - most BHRT doctors don't follow it close enough or recommend changes, so you have to do this for yourself. A BHRT doc trained in Wiley Protocol would be ideal, though likely expensive. This 4 oz. size is fantastic - I was paying $24 for the 2 oz. through my doctor! I'm very happy with this product that is not only cheaper than a prescription progesterone cream from a compounding pharmacy, but cleaner, too!