Ladies, you need to read this article if you're using this cream

Posted by ThinkingforMyself on Jan 17, 2013

I just read this on Dr. Mercola's site: Ideally, progesterone cream should NOT be applied to your skin. Instead use mucous epithelial membranes of your labia or rectum. Absorption through these membranes is more complete than through skin, and hormones absorbed through vaginal membranes enter the same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into. If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into. From here the hormones are carried to your heart and lungs and distributed to your tissues just as if your ovary had actually produced them. More info here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/18/oral-progesterone-and-progesterone-cream-complications.aspx

It works, but....

Posted by Reviewer1924710 on Apr 15, 2009

I totally recommend Emerita's Pro-Gest - and it really does seem to work. The only thing that keeps me from buying it again is that NOW makes a product that's nearly the same, but a bit stronger, and a bit cheaper by the ounce. Regardless of what you decide to buy, if you buy a natural progesterone cream, make sure it's USP grade progesterone and not just wild yam cream. USP progesterone is processed from wild yam, but unprocessed wild yam won't work the same way, so make sure you see USP progesterone in the ingredients.

Over 40? Read this...

Posted by alloriginal on May 21, 2013

most conventional medical doctors are shamefully ignorant about the changes facing menopausal or pre-menopausal women, and are likely to prescribe Prozac to treat very real physical problems. We were blessed to eventually find a wonderful (female) doctor who informed us about progesterone imbalances. In our case, this was a life-changer. Easy to use, and the cost per serving is minimal. My better half had her life restored through this product. It's been four years now, and the night sweats, brain fog, etc., have not returned. No side effects at all, except...about 4 months after using this product, I noticed that most of her gray hair had mysteriously turned brunette. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Truly a Godsend

Posted by Reviewer2850648 on Mar 12, 2008

I'm 45 and I've been on pro-gest for 7 years. It has eliminated so many problems for me. No more PMS headaches, acne, negative moods, brain fog, dreaded, heavy, first day, etc. Progesterone is an amazing hormone. -Give it a couple of months to kick in (use as directed). - Don't eat estrogens from beef and dairy (organic beef and dairy is fine). - Other brands have not worked for me. I've tried several. -buy it cheap at iherb

Greatest thing since sliced bread

Posted by Reviewer2256717 on Oct 17, 2007

This is an excellent product! I've been using Emerita Pro-Gest for 2 1/2 years. Great to help reduce breast cysts, and many other benefits. Just because you don't want to take replacement estrogen therapy, that's no reason not to use progesterone. Progesterone cream is a perimenapausal and post menapausal woman's best friend!!!

Helps periomenopause symptoms!

Posted by Reviewer1501350 on Sep 30, 2007

I started using this on the advice of a friend. It does ease the symptoms of periomenopause - sleeplessness, mood swings, bloating...BUT it didn't work immediately for me. I noticed gradual lessening of symptoms after about a week of use; if I forget to use it, they come back now but do ease again when I start using the cream again. My doctor recommended I try a prescription version made up by a compounding pharmacist, but I didn't like the way it smelled - this is not at all a "medicinal" smelling product, and it works just as well.

Emerita Pro-Gest Cream, value size 4 oz.

Posted by Reviewer2864376 on Dec 26, 2008

I am in my mid 40s and used this cream in my late 30s after having a tubal ligation (and hence, menstrual cycle returned to normal after being on oral contraceptives for years). It worked very well to minimize symptoms associated with menstrual syndrome. Now I am starting to go through peri-menopause and am finding it helpful once again to help balance my bad moods, lack of sexual desire, physical stamina, and vaginal dryness. Using the cream 2x/day (during the appropriate days - see product insert) has really helped with the above 4 symptoms of peri-menopause. This product is well worth it; use as directed and be consistent. iHerb has the absolute best price I've found (even including shipping charges) and it arrived promptly!

During pregnancy

Posted by bornsloppy on Aug 24, 2012

My wife used this during her pregnancy. You should get deeper knowledge about it before you use it. My wife used it with a special schedule to imitate her own production of progesterone level during her present pregnancy. Morning sickness were reduced to almost zero and the child has a normal growth. Sadly we do not have a natural production of progesterone due to the pollution we suffer from. That's why it's important to use it as a women and it works also for men in some cases. It can help women with many hormonell imbalances such as PMS. Knowledge is the key to good health! (Note: My wife gave birth to a very healthy little girl. 8 hours of contractions at home, and 8 hours in the maternity ward and the babies heart beat were steady during the whole period of the birth. We could go home the day after. Exellent remarks on check ups. Our child is like an angel and hardly ever screams).

Very good results (July 2009)

Posted by Reviewer3089318 on Jul 12, 2009

I have been taking Pro-Gest twice daily for about seven weeks now. It has greatly reduced my hot flashes -- not only the amount but the intensity. When I was off of it for the recommended 6 days, the hot flashes came back with a vengeance; that is how I knew it was really working. My libido is also stronger (it was there but waning before the Pro-Gest). All in all, I am very happy with the results.

Pro-gest calms

Posted by Reviewer2587723 on Aug 06, 2007

This is a great product. I am in perimenopause. Pro-gest (emerita) has helped me with stress resilience very recently. I used it years back for PMS, insomnia (with good success) with a 4 yr gap. I started again when I felt I was really not coping as well as usual. It did the trick; I noticed an immediate effect first (within an hour of application), now I am at a maintenance level (and don't notice an immediate effect anymore) and doing good. I plan to cut back on the amount I have been using (1/2 tsp, 2x day).