Seems to be working

Posted by Reviewer1533600 on Dec 24, 2015

I have low iron, duh!, and often have numb fingers and toes because they are so cold all the time. I have noticed since taking the supplement that my extremities have not been quite as cold. I'll have to wait until my yearly blood work before I can say with certainty about it's effectiveness. It's pretty easy on the stomach, too, and no constipation.

Great product, great price

Posted by 5749770580824090339 on Jun 19, 2015

This iron worked for anemia without causing any stomach problems. I take it twice daily on an empty stomach with calcium ascorbate. Excellent product!

soft iron

Posted by 5735021559066227090 on Apr 18, 2015

Great value for money

Very Good Iron Supplement

Posted by 5703136230536052580 on Mar 29, 2015

This iron works but not necessarily quickly so you need to persevere. My ferritin level was down to 25 and it took me 6 months to bring it up to 50 taking this supplement. It is very absorbable and I would recommend it to anyone who has low iron levels and finds it hard find anything that absorbs well.

Good source of iron

Posted by 5308080278392937372 on Feb 11, 2015

My doctor recommended that I start taking iron supplements. When I went to the pharmacy I found that the iron pills were dyed dark red. I was frustrated that a supplement that is supposed to be improving my overall health would contain unneccesary food dye. Most of the iron supplements that I looked at at the health food store were non-heme iron. I like that this iron has liver extract so that I am getting heme iron that it easier for my body to absorb while avoiding food dyes.

Excellent product

Posted by 4932550149328314505 on Oct 17, 2014

Increase the level of iron in the blood without the side effects such as old iron balls. Excellent, worth the money

The only iron my mum can tolerate

Posted by Reviewer2451444 on Jul 10, 2014

Bought this for my 77 year old mother, who has had anaemia for the last 13 years since being diagnosed with lupus. She has tried other iron tablets but they either give her gut aches or severe constipation or both. She started taking this about a month ago, and despite only taking a half dose (1 tab instead of 2) each day, she is already up in the normal range for haemoglobin. Her levels are still a bit low but her dr is very pleased. She hasn't experienced any digestive issues or constipation issues either. She feels less tired and is able to exercise a bit more each day. At under $16 for 90 day supply, it's money well spent.

Looking for the Perfect Iron Supplement

Posted by Reviewer1829477 on Apr 02, 2014

Recently diagnosed Anemic, I was prescribed a forty dollar Iron Supplement by my doctor. It was supposed to be easy on my stomach and not cause constipation, the two things we all fear about Iron. It was great but it was just a few weeks supply and my blood tests came back still Anemic. So I set out to find something more affordable. This one sounded like the one after reading all the reviews. It's a very good product, however I have an unbelievably sensitive system. It did cause some nausea but I don't think it made me any more constipated than I already am. Its hard to tell when you already have that problem! Vitamin C helps in absorption of Iron when you take them together, and that definitely helps with constipation too, also some quality Magnesium Citrate/Glycinate. The best Iron I have tried is still the one prescribed, its called Biffera. You can get it without a prescription for half the price at a pharmacy! Watch out for that, probably any time you are "prescribed" a vitamin, you can probably get it cheaper out of pocket. Remember too that just because you are still testing Anemic on an Iron supplement, it doesn't mean its not working. If you have lost a lot of blood, it can take up to a year to build up your Iron stores in your body again. Nobody, certainly not your doctor, will tell you that.

Not too bad

Posted by 5226193956262253053 on Dec 17, 2013

I constipate when I take this pill. But I am trying to take it with vitamin C and lots of water. Hopefully I'll have better result soon.

Seems to be working very well

Posted by Reviewer2716886 on Oct 11, 2013

I'm trying to get my ferritin up to 60 from 21 - so far so good, after several weeks. I seem to have more energy and more muscle strength when I exercise, with quicker recovery time. This can constipate me a bit but a kiwi before bed seems to do the trick! No tummy upset... it makes a lot of sense to take iron in its many forms, as you never know how/how much you absorb.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »