Enzymedica, Digest Basic, Essential Digestive Enzymes, 90 Capsules

Posted by 5760852537552921480 on Mar 18, 2015

I have been taking this product for 11 days and during that time I have notice a reduction in stomach bloating and a sense of well-being after meals. I also lost 2.4kg in the first 7 days, although I was not overweight to begin with. I am happy with this product and will continue to use it in the future.

Great, but basic as the name states

Posted by MariannEly on Mar 03, 2014

I decided to try if Digest Basic was strong enough to help me with heavy meals, but I think I'll opt for something a bit stronger. A solid product nonetheless and I did notice an impact. No side-effects, prompt delivery.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is definitely one of the better digestive enzymes. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a low strength digestive blend.. It also contains a few specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest the more common food. The caps are vegetarian, very small and easy to swallow. This product also contains multiple strains of protease, lipase, cellulase and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I find the dosage is more suitable for a light meal or quick snack. For heavier meal, you probably want to be taking a medium-high strength digestive blend As for price, this product is quite expensive. The company Enzymedica is the best enzymes producer. The products are very trustworthy and are of high quality but it’s also much more expensive. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. You can try Now Foods or Doctor’s Best brand if you want cheaper but high strength and quality enzymes products. Check out my page for more reviews!

The Digest Gold are better if you can afford it

Posted by healthydoesit on Oct 10, 2013

I bought the Digest Basic because I couldn't afford the Digest Gold anymore. These are still great, so I gave them 4 stars. However, I have many serious health issues that have completely demolished my digestive system, so I really need the extra strength dose that the Gold offers. I'm sure the basics work.well for anyone Who doesn't have severe digestive issues. I also love that there are absolutely no additives to the Enzymedica digestive enzymes. These are the only ones I have found like that. A great product, but I wish I could afford the Gold that I need. You definitely get what you pay for. I will continue to buy these though because it's better than nothing for my digestive system. Take a look at my page to see over 100 real reviews from products I've purchased and tested here at Iherb!

Decent Product.

Posted by Reviewer1549502 on Apr 12, 2013

I can't really judge the effectiveness, but I think it is an ok product. Doesn't irritate my stomach anyway.

Good

Posted by Reviewer3066063 on Dec 01, 2012

I like the fact that this product doesn't contain magnesium stearate.

Very goods

Posted by Reviewer2078719 on Nov 26, 2012

It's hard to know how well this actually works but for me it seems to be working well.

Good, but pricey

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

As I always say, enzyme products are just really expensive and so many of us depend on them. Enzymedica makes good products, but there are some very good less expensive enzymes out there. Iherb sells them!

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1152663 on May 03, 2012

Value for money.

Seems to work.

Posted by Reviewer1374200 on Dec 31, 2011

Took these with meals that can be slow to digest like heavy meat or beans and I haven't noticed anything which I suppose is a good thing, since I've been using them not had any issues with meals taking ages to digest.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »