Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is definitely one of the better digestive enzymes. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a medium strength digestive blend. Basically, it contains 2x times a normal digestive blend will contain. It also contains some (not all) specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest the more common food. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. This product also contains multiple strains of protease, lipase, cellulase and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I take 1 for a normal meal, 2-3 when I overeat and 4-5 when I am eating a buffet. As for price, this product is quite expensive. The company Enzymedica is the best enzymes producer. The products are very trustworthy and are of high quality but it’s also much more expensive. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. You can try Now Foods or Doctor’s Best brand if you want cheaper but quality enzymes products. Check out my page for more reviews!

Good

Posted by 5154170390377322146 on Apr 01, 2014

well, I think the cheaper basic enzymedica is just as good . if you have a rich meal you still need to take two and if you eat dairy you will still need a separate lactase one. Doesn't help me with my salicylate and amine sensitivity..but if you take at night with out food it will help with candida and any leftover bloating..

Flat tummy

Posted by Reviewer1798148 on Dec 06, 2007

I have been very pleased with this product. I'm amazed at how much less bloated I feel after a meal. I would and have recommended this product to others.

plant emzymes

Posted by Reviewer2292376 on Feb 27, 2008

works great!

Enzymedica Digest

Posted by Reviewer2467342 on Apr 26, 2008

Just started using after having it recommended and I am finding it to be beneficial.

Enzymedical Plant Based Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1024001 on Nov 30, 2008

Expected higher results however, I'm allowing the four star rating primarily because of the severity of my medical condition which probably affects the the enzyme effectiveness. Given the ingredients, this product is the closest I've come to daily success toward intestinal digest. Would recommend.

enzymedica

Posted by Reviewer2373134 on Dec 01, 2008

they work well

Do the job

Posted by Reviewer1199707 on Jan 24, 2009

We find when we take these enzymes that we do have improved digestion. This brand is more expensive than some but they also seem to have good ingredients that do the job well. So far, we do not notice any difference between these and the Enzymedica Digest Gold which are significantly more expensive. Four stars due to the high price.

Helpful with indigestion

Posted by Krisinsight on Feb 20, 2009

This product is easy to incorporate in to your diet and has no useless fillers and additives.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2209899 on Feb 24, 2009

these do what they claim -

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »