Not for me

Posted by Reviewer1854340 on May 22, 2013

I initially wrote a glowing review for Digest Gold, but after having suffered through nine months of sinusitis, asthma and mold allergies, I have completely rewritten it. I recommend that anyone who thinks they might have a mold allergy should take enzymes from natural sources - animals or fruits - rather than from molds. Enzymedica enzymes are derived from molds. Most people are fine with them, but I most certainly was not. Be careful you don't make the same unpleasant, expensive and time consuming mistake that I did. If you're not allergic to molds like aspergillus oryzae, then you will be fine with this product. And not all people with mold allergies have a bad response to mold-derived enzymes. But personally I would never take the risk again. In future I will take pancreatin (animal derived), bromelain and papaya (both fruit derived) enzymes.

Immune system did not like it

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 30, 2013

My immune system did not like it, along with the other Enzymedica products I've tried - this is one of the ones that caused most grief. Good quality, but expensive. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

An important addition for overall health

Posted by Reviewer1644042 on Apr 06, 2010

I have felt an incredible difference taking Enzymedicas enzyme formulas. No more bloating, gas, flatulance. The good food I eat feels like it is getting more readily absorbed. My hair is darker and thicker, my skin is more moist. Check out their website to take the enzyme deficiency quiz to see where you stand. I was surprised!

great product

Posted by Reviewer2401131 on Jul 22, 2009

This product,along with Enzymedica Pro-Bio Probiotic with meals, keeps my formerly severe acid stomach totally comfortable and healed. A healthy diet is a must also for this condition.

digestive enzymes

Posted by Reviewer3256391 on Aug 11, 2009

I have been taking enzymes for a couple of years, but another brand. My husband had never taken any ever, but was experiencing all sorts of problems-- goutish symptoms, achy joints, great bloating of his great belly, intestinal gas, and an uncomfortable after meal sensation of food sitting in his tummy for a very long time. When I started him on these he notice immediate relief. He said his joints were not tender, no gas and that his meals were not sitting undigested anymore-- he's excited about them and that is saying something, since he normally can't tell any difference in his body with anything I give him. Great product.

Wonderful product - such a difference!

Posted by Reviewer2163836 on Feb 02, 2011

Would recommend to anyone with a "sensitive" digestive system like mine. Taking one with every meal has really made a difference; I bought them to help my body assimilate more nutrients from my foods, and help move food through my system faster. And I now am getting the skin to show it!! If you have skin problems, try enzymes... it just might do the trick. :)

great product

Posted by Reviewer1073445 on Jul 27, 2011

In my opinion this is the best enzyme company out there. Taking Digest Gold allows me to eat eggs, for which I had an "allergy".

Works

Posted by Reviewer1319695 on Feb 20, 2011

Very high quoality product, no mg-stearate.

Such a good product- worth the money!

Posted by Reviewer3216151 on Apr 26, 2010

Digest Gold and Omega Zyme Ultra are comparable in every way. I like them both and would buy both again. Digest Gold helps relieve my digestive system (and immune system) from the stresses of breaking down cooked and otherwise damaged foods. It's a rare occasion when one has a perfect diet, and that's when Digest Gold helps most! Good product.

Love this product!

Posted by Reviewer2913412 on May 13, 2010

Another pharmacist had suggested this product to me as I had digestive issues related to GERD and I now don't go anywhere without it. Has also helped with lactose intolerance.