GlutenEase - A six month trial

Posted by Reviewer1662563 on Jan 25, 2008

This is a personal study. You should seek a professional medical opinion before you commence taking GlutenEase. I have been diagnosed as gluten intolerant for over ten years. In mid 2007 I began taking GlutenEase. Initially, I would have only one gluten containing meal a week and took one or two capsules prior to the meal. On some occasions I suffered none of the usual symptoms of having eaten foods containing gluten. On other occasions, the GlutenEase seemed to provide no protection. Over the last six months, I have been able to eat gluten containing foods more regularly and usually without any adverse reaction, provided I took one to two capsules prior to or during the meal. Whilst GlutenEase has greatly increased the range of foods I can tolerate, my doctor is worried that GlutenEase may only be reducing my immediate reactions to gluten, whilst setting me up for intestinal lymphoma in later years. It may also be unclear how GlutenEase interacts with other foods. I look forward to the manufacturers releasing the results of long term independent clinical trials.

Wish I were 100% confident

Posted by MikeMember on Aug 16, 2008

I've been told that this product is unreliable for preventing the damaging effects of gluten (Celiac Disease) for those of us who are allergic. But having no alternatives, I use it whenever I know or believe I may have ingested wheat products. It may not be prefect, but it has to be better than nothing. I do not consider that by using it I am free to eat wheat whenever I choose.

Gluten digestive

Posted by Reviewer1084968 on Jan 24, 2009

Another important digestive for people that like pasta and bread that's not gluten free. Very good product and I highly recommned it.

Not really sure

Posted by Reviewer3237124 on Apr 11, 2009

I need more trials

Okay for intolerance

Posted by Reviewer1459438 on Apr 24, 2009

Seems to work for me. I do take with Digest (vegan version) I stay gluten-free due to an intolerance for it...too many symptoms to name! This product seems to help when going out to eat or for when I just want to cheat once in awhile!!!!!!

Enzymedica, GlutenEase

Posted by Reviewer1812783 on Dec 05, 2009

Just ordered this because I was told to eat gluten free. Thought it might come in handy when eating out. Even though they may tell you it's gluten free it could still have some hidden gluten. I've used other Enzymedica products so I trust this brand.

Travel

Posted by Reviewer2971309 on Jul 23, 2011

I bought these enzymes plus Digest Gold to take with me on a 3-week overseas trip, and took them at each meal. Twice on the plane I had meals with pasta (the gluten-free choices didn't work for me - too much sugar, not enough protein) - I pushed the pasta aside, but of course the meal was 'contaminated'. However, taking the enzymes seemed to really help - I had a few minutes of pain and discomfort, but not days of bloating and doubling-up pain, as I used to get. I'm going to order more - and still avoid gluten . . .

GlutenEase

Posted by Reviewer1623885 on Oct 04, 2012

I love Enzymedica products but didn't notice a difference between these and DigestGold.

expensive but needed with food allergies.

Posted by 5148633022190164828 on May 09, 2014

Stops me from getting to much gas and diarea when I use some milk when I eat out. I take 2 before and 2 after the meal.