Works well, but terrible packaging!

Posted by cupboardfullofvitamins on Apr 17, 2013

I love this stuff! I found that it was much easier on my stomach than standard iron pills. However, the lid is terrible! I probably spilled 1/2 of the bottle. Be careful if you buy this product!

Best iron supplement

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012

Non-GMO. Gluten-free. Glass bottle. Excellent for pregnancy. Excellent for those who have a hard time tolerating or absorbing iron. Taste is pleasant--or at least palatable--for most and does not constipate nor induce nausea. I actually enjoy the taste. Drawbacks are that after opening it, it must be kept refrigerated and be consumed within 1 month. For that reason, I only buy this size. There is also a larger 16 oz bottle. I have consumed it 5 or 6 weeks after opening and was still okay. You can taste it starting to ferment anything after that. This is the supplement that got my iron levels back to normal after I had severe anemia. At that time I was using the larger bottle as I was taking much larger doses. This iron form is often recommended during later pregnancy when women risk pregnancy anemia. It is more easy than you would think to go from anemia to approaching iron toxicity so do have your iron levels monitored periodically by a doctor when taking more than the RDA of iron or when anemia or too much iron is suspected.

Expensive but worth of it

Posted by Reviewer1123500 on Nov 16, 2011

Good product but a little bit too expensive..