Beware if you have fragrance sensitivities

Posted by Reviewer1749238 on Jan 12, 2014

I am amazed at the positives reviews of this product. Can they not smell this product? I put this product in my shower and when I was in the shower I suddenly smelled a strong perfume or incense pretty stink odor. My eyes stated to burn and I quickly had to throw it out of the shower for fear of getting a migraine since fragrances will trigger one. I did end up getting one later. I tried soaking it in vinegar for days but the pretty stink was still there. I don't know if they intended to put this stench in the product or if it is made in a factory with the fragrance but the end result is a horrible perfume stink that made my eyes burn and likely triggered a migraine. I wish manufacturers of natural products would be more aware of those of us with chemical and fragrance sensitivities and migraine sufferers.

got moldy after less than a month

Posted by melsie on Jan 17, 2014

This was good exfoliating skin... but after less than 2 weeks of use I noticed some black spots. I thought it may just be part of the cloth, but couldn't deny it when I noticed the spots increasing. :( The package says it resits mold, I guess that's not true...

I don't know the purpose of this

Posted by 5578279358412694373 on Jul 16, 2012

it's unreal to use it as a washcloth as it's very hard to use and it doesn't absorb water.

Unimpressed

Posted by kei-rylie on Oct 09, 2013

Read a lot of reviews raving about this item. It curled up when wet and it's difficult to straighten it out. Too rough for the face. Exfoliating gloves work better.

Ayate Washcloth

Posted by Reviewer2709348 on Aug 26, 2011

I didn't care for this and I am sorry I bought it.

I do not think that works, many shrink.

Posted by Reviewer1965012 on Jun 11, 2012

I do not think that works, many shrink.

quite harsh

Posted by smalldosesofvain on Jun 15, 2012

i bought this based on the glowing reviews. however, i found that this is quite harsh on my skin. i like hydro sponge better.

So much mould growing on it!

Posted by 5047587924610287999 on Jun 08, 2016

After one use I hung it in the bathroom, at the same spot where my previous scrubber hung to dry without moulding. It was scratching fine the only time I used it, but I was really disappointed to find it completely covered in mould after a few days! I live in a damp and hot place (Singapore) but my previous scrubber never hot mouldy! Not what the description promised!