Not as strong as I would expect.

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 16, 2013

I absolutely love the taste of maple syrup and I though that this would be a nice sugar free alternative. In a way it is, but I think that you have to pour a big quantity to get the flavour in baking. I think it evaporates easily, maybe because it is alcohol free. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Not like the real thing

Posted by Reviewer1605433 on Oct 24, 2012

I have been using a lot of real grade B maple syrup from NOW brand and this doesn't compare to the real thing ... a flavouring but not an authentic taste for me. If you have a problem with sugar then of course this will be better for you.

Great maple flavor

Posted by Veronika-and-Tobias on Nov 20, 2012

This extract is a great natural flavor to add maple scent and taste to your baked goods. I use it in combination with good Grade B maple syrup, but it could probably work well on its own too - and only a drop or two is needed.

Natural Flavor

Posted by Reviewer3327553 on Jul 17, 2011

Made a maple butter cream frosting for a chocolate cake. Tasted amazing. Can tell it is a natural flavoring. Will try some 'Maple syrup' next.

Excellent flavour, strong enough yet not artificial tasting

Posted by Umbridge on Jan 26, 2012

I can't get maple extract here, so I was really excited to get this! It didn't disappoint. Adding a few drops gives a recipe a nice maple flavour without the sugar. I love it.

Wonderful maple flavour without the calories!

Posted by Reviewer1093010 on Dec 14, 2013

Sooo good!

you need to use a big amount in order to feel the taste

Posted by 4806086747895081455 on Jan 07, 2014

you need to use a big amount in order to feel the taste

Yep, that's maple alright!

Posted by 5145960965248100587 on Sep 21, 2014

Great product for adding a faint hint of maple to your baking - only issue is the lack of a dripper on the bottle makes it a pain to not spill it during every use!

good, but...

Posted by 5363293339375128076 on Mar 05, 2014

This one is good, but maybe it is because there is no alcohol in it, but I find it a little bit tasteless and I need to put a lot...

Not gluten free!

Posted by Reviewer2874534 on Aug 12, 2013

It's a real shame that iHerb does not offer a grain free version of Maple extract. We want some, too!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »