Microscopic flakes.

Posted by Reviewer2716944 on Apr 17, 2011

I was hoping this would look more like fish food flakes, but it looks like a nutritional yeast powder. It's delicious still, but it is not FLAKES; I would call it "nutritional yeast powder" or "ground nutritional yeast." It tastes the same, so it's great as a mix in, but less pleasant as a topping or shake-on item since it lacks the texture of flakes. As a component of dressings or sauces, you may use a little less than called for since it's smaller and fits more densely into a measuring cup. :)

It is more like a powder, but tastes just as good as other brands

Posted by Umbridge on Apr 22, 2012

As other reviewers commented, this is more powder than flakes, but it tastes similar to other brands. It still imparts a nice, 'cheesy'/nutty flavour, and it has many uses, from making sauces, to sprinkling on popcorn or pasta, and even to smoothies.

first time yeast flakes

Posted by 4638486190424339948 on May 10, 2013

These are the first nutritional yeast flakes I've ever bought, after having read so much about their health benefits. I was expecting something resembling smelly fish food flakes, but it's more like a dusty powder, with no unpleasant odor. I blended these with ground almonds to make vegan parmesan, and the result was awesome - surprisingly creamy and cheesy, without the fat and grease!

Good product

Posted by 4834119876353793250 on Jan 02, 2014

Great taste and excellent value.

Another great product

Posted by 5466387478726642637 on May 02, 2014

I find that frontier products in these foil packagings arrive super fresh, this was was consistent with my experience.

its good but no b12 in it

Posted by 4932102295394630174 on Aug 28, 2014

Its important to have b12 in this product. The product seems fresh and packed well

Good

Posted by 5640713393840794989 on Feb 12, 2015

I like it, though I prefer flakes. I use it in my smoothy.

Top quality - nice price!

Posted by 5062419338259546396 on Jun 25, 2015

I love the taste of it, it came pretty quickly and the shipping was very fast! The only reason that I am not giving all 5 stars is the following: I ordered it because of the B12, but on the package B12 isn't uncluded in the nutrition data, so I am not absolutely sure if there really is any B12 in it or not.

Nice but it was better with B12

Posted by 4749560206297222960 on May 06, 2016

Nice but it was better with B12

good

Posted by rawskinny on Jul 10, 2013

These are good - mine were super fine like powder though - not flakes as advertised. I would have given 5 stars if they were flakes

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »