Bacon bits without the bacon

Posted by 4718976226998500794 on Sep 21, 2012

After developing a meat allergy, I could no longer have bacon bits in my daily salad. Tragedy! These littel gems, however are truly the next best thing. So grateful to have found them, and also to have found iHerb so I can buy them in bulk for far less than the little shaker bottles on the Whole Foods shelf.

Baconie

Posted by Reviewer2060916 on Jul 01, 2011

Interesting product! I usually add to navy or black beans. Really adds nice spice and filling too! Very strong smoked flavor too. Little bit goes long way.

Lots of flavor in a small amount

Posted by Reviewer2231597 on Aug 11, 2011

Adds a yummy touch to salads, soups, etc. Organic -- so not GMO

Great

Posted by Reviewer3196281 on Aug 17, 2011

They were better than I expected and I will recommend this product to my friends.

Yummy!!!

Posted by Johanne on Apr 30, 2013

Okay this is good, very good!! Even my fiance who eats bacon from pigs loves this, and says it taste the same!! You get a lot of protein and flavor for not many calories, and I use it on my quinoa, salad, wok, soup, you name it. Almost to good. Very small bits is maybe the only negative ;)

Love 'em!

Posted by 5653016133089939086 on Sep 15, 2014

I cook with them, add them to salad, sprinkle them on soup, blend them into vegan burgers - I just love this product. Now and then, I even stuff my mouth with a tablespoonful right from the canister! Delicious and versatile. They make this vegan for >25 years happy!

My husband's favorite

Posted by Reviewer3266879 on Jul 04, 2015

Great on salad, tacos, you name it. It's our secret ingredient in mashed potatoes ;)

not my favourite

Posted by Reviewer1122681 on Jan 02, 2014

i was looking forward to try this product because of good reviews, and my love for the non organic bacùns, but was kind of disappointed, this do not have a strong taste. you have to use alot of it. and the bits are very small. like bread crumbs. i recommend the original one...

ok

Posted by Reviewer3263547 on Feb 10, 2012

Ok, but the bits were really small. fives stars if they would size up.

NOT THE same as the non-Organic labeled Bac'uns withe the green cap!!!

Posted by 5364634385710554543 on Jan 18, 2014

My palette does not like these when compared to the non-Organic version. These are light tan, less crunchy, bland flavored. I wonder why there is such a significant differnce in product; it seems like a different recipe. Be alert to the difference.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »