Amazing all-natural remedy for acid reflux and gastritis.

Posted by Leione on Apr 26, 2014

This soothing herbal tea with a mild flavor does wonders for people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases and conditions. Rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, tannins, antioxidants, flavonoids, it's full of health benefits and great for treating acid reflux, gastritis, ulcers, IBS, colitis, diarrhea, constipation, gallstones and gallbladder disease, lower urinary tract and kidney disorders, respiratory tract infections, dry cough, gingivitis, canker sores and gum disease, acne, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, as well as other conditions. Marshmallow tea forms a protective layer on the lining of the digestive tract, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, relieves nausea and bloating, heals gastric and intestinal ulcers, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, facilitates healing, relieves pain, swelling and inflammation of the mucous membranes, soothes and heals dry and damaged skin. It can also be applied topically to reduce skin irritation and inflammation, heal wounds, sores, insect bites, scars, bruises, cuts, burns, rashes. A marshmallow mask or scrub improves the complexion, brightens and evens out skin tone, reduces redness, spots, blotchiness and small lines, helps break down old scar tissue and prevent premature aging. This amazing tea actually does relieve the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis and I would recommend it to anyone suffering from gastrointestinal conditions and respiratory tract infections.

Great Product

Posted by 5716620240026573163 on Aug 23, 2015

Tastes great and very good for rebuilding the intestinal lining as it contains mucins, which are also essentially a form of a prebiotic.

Excellent quality Marshmallow root

Posted by Reviewer1123956 on May 30, 2011

I really like the quality of this marshmallow root. It seems to be higher in mucilage than other brands I had tried. Thank you

Brew tea for colitis, interstitial cystitis - very healing

Posted by Reviewer1393839 on Jul 07, 2016

This brand was recommended to me by my local health food store. I make tea with this root to soothe my gut. I had a bout of colitis and this is all I drink now. I take it with me everywhere! My recipe: 1 Tbsp root per every 8oz water plus 1 Licorice Spice tea bag per every 16oz water. I make it in a 48oz jug with 6 Tbsp of root and 3 teabags (for flavor, plus licorice is slippery too). I let it sit in the fridge for 24hrs, strain it into another container, then immediately start brewing another 48oz batch while I'm drinking the 1st batch. I use room temp water, never heat it, just put it together and park it in the fridge. It tastes great and is very soothing. I'm sure it's supporting my gut health. A neighbor with interstitial cystitis recommended it to me, said it helped her with that problem too. I recommend this product very highly!

High in mucilage and great in salves or creams too.

Posted by ManxKat on Jul 27, 2013

It is great for GERD but I found polypore (red belted) tea eliminates GERD better but that taste is rough. Marshmallow tastes better and good in creams and salves too.

Powder form works better for me!

Posted by mahajek on Aug 12, 2016

Sadly, this is not what I was looking for, for my GERD/heartburn marshmallow powder works much better for me (I put it in my tea along with slippery elm powder before sleep + DGL and German Chammomile and no more night heartburn). If you like, check my other reviews!

very clean herbs

Posted by 4954965161789051973 on Jul 16, 2016

The marshmallow root is very clean as compared to other brand. The roots have been deskinned prior to drying therefore it's very fragrant. will buy again.

Tastes like a broth.

Posted by Reviewer1721551 on Aug 10, 2011

Not bad, but not something I look forward to either.