Frontier Natural Products, Organic Cut & Sifted Valerian Root, 16 oz (453 g)

Reviews 4-star

Great Herb from a good outfit

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 21, 2015

I like the Organic cut and sifted valerian from Frontier. Valerian is a great nervine herb that can be used for relaxation, nervousness, anxiety and aid in sleep. It helps boost GABA which is a calming neurotransmitter. Gaba is very hard to absorb directly from a pill or capsule. I like to grind this herb up a bit more than it arrives so that I can get a stronger infusion with tea or tincture. Steep overnight for a very strong infusion. It is good to bend with other herbal teas as well for better flavor. Don't overgrind or it may be too hard to filter. I like the packaging it comes it as it protects it form moisture and light. Keep your tea out of light at that can degrade it over time. Notice how many health food stores keep their bulk herbs in clear containers which allows light to enter. Not good for shelf life. Make every effort to use Organic or you may be getting all kinds of pesticides in your product. I know USDA organic is not 100% organic. They do water down the requirement a bit. But it is still much better than non-organic. So I give Frontier credit for making this hurdle. However for this reason I am only giving it 4 stars. Certified Organic from NY or Oregon is a cleaner product. If you found this review helpful, kindly click the YES button. Also, go to my iHerb home page by clicking on my Handle name above. There you can read many more value added reviews and see my favorite products and other recommendations. Peace and good health!