Frontier Natural Products, Organic Powdered Beet, 16 oz (453 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Incredibly delicious, but you have to process it before you can use it.

Posted by Reviewer1204837 on Sep 21, 2011

I ordered two 1 pound packs of this stuff. When they arrived, I could feel through both packs that there were big solid chunks amongst the powder. At first I thought they were un-ground beet root, but further investigation revealed they were congealed chunks of powder. I used a mortar and pestle to re-grind all the chunks and then stored all the powder in brown glass jars. The powder is incredibly delicious in smoothies or just dissolved in water. The chunking is because beet root powder attracts any moisture in the air. I believe the stuff is fresh, just ultra absorbent. Loaded with antioxidants if the research is to be believed. And again, incredibly flavorful, and I mean incredibly. But just be warned: you will find chucks that have to be re-ground in a mortar and pestle, a blender, or a Vita-Mix.

Better than another brand

Posted by Specialist on Sep 22, 2011

I ordered beet powder from another company in Florida (they claimed the powder was organic). The color and taste of this beet powder is far superior. For the few extra dollars and and an unquestionable organic label, I'll buy this one again. The price went up a bit so that's why I only gave it 4 stars

Sweet tasting, clumpy, but excellent.

Posted by JESUSiTRUSTInYOU on Jan 14, 2013

I have used this as an additive to dried beans, and brown rice, and like its sweetness, mixed in with other spices to taste, before cooking. The clumps are broken up in the pot, using the back of a large spoon to stir into the moistened beans. Also, just squeezing the powder inside the foil package breaks up the clumps easily. I usually add dried tomato powder to the same mixture, and it also is clumpy and must be broken up before cooking, but both powders are nice tasting and healthy. I also like the beet powder very much when added to a glass of warm filtered water, with a couple of other vitamin, and green mix powders. The beet juice is very healthy for our lymphatic system fluids, and it adds some sweetness to the mixture. However, I also add Stevita to the drink, to my taste. I have been using a tie-wrap around the top of the foil package it comes in, after opening, then that foil package is also kept in a plastic zip-top envelope. I plan on putting it into a screw on lid container of some kind, for more frequent use.

Nitric Oxide from Beetroot powder.

Posted by Reviewer1963410 on Feb 01, 2012

I have been using Beetroot Powder since two years ago to maintain sufficient level of NO in the body and I feel the benefits.

BEET ROOT

Posted by Reviewer1234133 on Sep 01, 2011

I have been using beet root for many years, it is a good source of calcium, iron , Vitamin A and C and excellent source of Folic Acid

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »