Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Frontier Natural Products, Organic Powdered Beet, 16 oz (453 g)

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Sweet tasting, clumpy, but excellent.

Posted by GODisLife on Jan 14, 2013

I have used this as an additive to dried beans, and brown rice, and like its sweetness, mixed in with other spices to taste, before cooking. The clumps are broken up in the pot, using the back of a large spoon to stir into the moistened beans. Also, just squeezing the powder inside the foil package breaks up the clumps easily. I usually add dried tomato powder to the same mixture, and it also is clumpy and must be broken up before cooking, but both powders are nice tasting and healthy. I also like the beet powder very much when added to a glass of warm filtered water, with a couple of other vitamin, and green mix powders. The beet juice is very healthy for our lymphatic system fluids, and it adds some sweetness to the mixture. However, I also add Stevita to the drink, to my taste. I have been using a tie-wrap around the top of the foil package it comes in, after opening, then that foil package is also kept in a plastic zip-top envelope. I plan on putting it into a screw on lid container of some kind, for more frequent use.

BEET ROOT

Posted by Reviewer1234133 on Sep 01, 2011

I have been using beet root for many years, it is a good source of calcium, iron , Vitamin A and C and excellent source of Folic Acid

great product!

Posted by Reviewer1930038 on Jul 30, 2013

For me, beet juice is a necessity. I was diagnosed with IBS some years back and constipation is a real problem. I have shopped many sites and tried many of the products (powdered and liquid). Of all the products, this is the best tasting and least expensive, by far, in most cases. The only drawback to this product, as others have mentioned, are the clumps. But that also means they aren't adding anything to the powder to prevent clumping, which is good, but the clumps don't always break up easily in the bag by hand. I first tried a nut chopper but mine was a little too messy. I've now converted my coffee grinder for the purpose and seems to work pretty well (and since I don't drink coffee anymore, it's not a problem, or just get another one dedicated for just the beet juice). Beet juice is the single best product I've used for my condition, other than actual laxatives, and it works really well. (I also eat one serving of actual beets every day, flax seed meal, soaked psyllium seeds, and greens whenever possible.) I rarely need the laxatives with this regimen, and beets and beet juice have made a HUGE difference for me. I use a rounded tablespoon of powder, which is bit more than directed, in 8 oz. of liquid on an empty stomach in the morning and 8 oz. at night before going to bed. I usually mix it with aloe vera juice, which makes it more flavorful (tart and tangy) than just water. I also like the ideas others have given about mixing it with foods, and I'm going to try some of them.

High Quality

Posted by Reviewer1380641 on Dec 28, 2011

I am so glad to have found a powdered beet product I can stir into soups. It is a relief to have a high quality product which is affordable and one of the best things I can do for myself.

barbe

Posted by Reviewer1336386 on Jan 19, 2012

Works well. I did read from one of the reviewers that you had to reconstitute in hot water first and that is true. That works well and can be added to my smoothie with no problem that way.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »