• Reviews | English

Sweet tasting, clumpy, but excellent.

Posted by GODisLife on Jan 14, 2013

I have used this as an additive to dried beans, and brown rice, and like its sweetness, mixed in with other spices to taste, before cooking. The clumps are broken up in the pot, using the back of a large spoon to stir into the moistened beans. Also, just squeezing the powder inside the foil package breaks up the clumps easily. I usually add dried tomato powder to the same mixture, and it also is clumpy and must be broken up before cooking, but both powders are nice tasting and healthy. I also like the beet powder very much when added to a glass of warm filtered water, with a couple of other vitamin, and green mix powders. The beet juice is very healthy for our lymphatic system fluids, and it adds some sweetness to the mixture. However, I also add Stevita to the drink, to my taste. I have been using a tie-wrap around the top of the foil package it comes in, after opening, then that foil package is also kept in a plastic zip-top envelope. I plan on putting it into a screw on lid container of some kind, for more frequent use.

BEET ROOT

Posted by Reviewer1234133 on Sep 01, 2011

I have been using beet root for many years, it is a good source of calcium, iron , Vitamin A and C and excellent source of Folic Acid

great product!

Posted by Reviewer1930038 on Jul 30, 2013

For me, beet juice is a necessity. I was diagnosed with IBS some years back and constipation is a real problem. I have shopped many sites and tried many of the products (powdered and liquid). Of all the products, this is the best tasting and least expensive, by far, in most cases. The only drawback to this product, as others have mentioned, are the clumps. But that also means they aren't adding anything to the powder to prevent clumping, which is good, but the clumps don't always break up easily in the bag by hand. I first tried a nut chopper but mine was a little too messy. I've now converted my coffee grinder for the purpose and seems to work pretty well (and since I don't drink coffee anymore, it's not a problem, or just get another one dedicated for just the beet juice). Beet juice is the single best product I've used for my condition, other than actual laxatives, and it works really well. (I also eat one serving of actual beets every day, flax seed meal, soaked psyllium seeds, and greens whenever possible.) I rarely need the laxatives with this regimen, and beets and beet juice have made a HUGE difference for me. I use a rounded tablespoon of powder, which is bit more than directed, in 8 oz. of liquid on an empty stomach in the morning and 8 oz. at night before going to bed. I usually mix it with aloe vera juice, which makes it more flavorful (tart and tangy) than just water. I also like the ideas others have given about mixing it with foods, and I'm going to try some of them.

High Quality

Posted by Reviewer1380641 on Dec 28, 2011

I am so glad to have found a powdered beet product I can stir into soups. It is a relief to have a high quality product which is affordable and one of the best things I can do for myself.

barbe

Posted by Reviewer1336386 on Jan 19, 2012

Works well. I did read from one of the reviewers that you had to reconstitute in hot water first and that is true. That works well and can be added to my smoothie with no problem that way.

Organic!

Posted by ManxKat on Feb 20, 2012

Organic, mixes easily in Kefir and yogurt, not quite so easy in water. Tastes good and boosts energy.

Truly amazing powdered beet

Posted by 4612269873287281251 on May 25, 2013

Great great product. I have only used two but found each packet to be different. One required me to break up the small lumps but another packet was as smooth as and a very vibrant colour. Fabulous product and the different consistencies don't worry me. I usually have it in hot water or in a smoothie. I use it to get over sugar cravings... Often mid afternoon or even after dinner each night.

works for me

Posted by Reviewer2746709 on Dec 05, 2013

Not that I have tried any other brand of beet powder, but this is sweet and tasty and organic. No clumps in mine. And as regards packaging, is it really that big a deal to pour it into a (dark) jar? I add it to smoothies, mix it in with my kefir, add it to broth like the sweetness and know it is chock full of minerals. The price did jump, alas, will ck out price elsewhere - I LOVE iherb, but they are lagging behind on prices these days.

Excellent product at a good price.

Posted by 5327914429102035472 on Nov 11, 2014

Blends well with skim milk and cocoa for a great pre-workout drink to boost nitric oxide levels in the blood naturally, and along with the cocoa is loaded with anti-oxidants. Has just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the cocoa powder in the drink.

Looks Great, Tastes Great

Posted by Reviewer2508079 on Jun 11, 2014

Great quality product, tastes great and is a great price! Ordering from iHerb is the best, Great prices, Great products. Amazingly cheap, fast delivery to Perth, Western Australia. I will be buying from here time and time again, shipping prices FAR better then swansons.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »