Frontier Natural Products, Organic Powdered Beet, 16 oz (453 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

great product!

Posted by Reviewer1930038 on Jul 30, 2013

For me, beet juice is a necessity. I was diagnosed with IBS some years back and constipation is a real problem. I have shopped many sites and tried many of the products (powdered and liquid). Of all the products, this is the best tasting and least expensive, by far, in most cases. The only drawback to this product, as others have mentioned, are the clumps. But that also means they aren't adding anything to the powder to prevent clumping, which is good, but the clumps don't always break up easily in the bag by hand. I first tried a nut chopper but mine was a little too messy. I've now converted my coffee grinder for the purpose and seems to work pretty well (and since I don't drink coffee anymore, it's not a problem, or just get another one dedicated for just the beet juice). Beet juice is the single best product I've used for my condition, other than actual laxatives, and it works really well. (I also eat one serving of actual beets every day, flax seed meal, soaked psyllium seeds, and greens whenever possible.) I rarely need the laxatives with this regimen, and beets and beet juice have made a HUGE difference for me. I use a rounded tablespoon of powder, which is bit more than directed, in 8 oz. of liquid on an empty stomach in the morning and 8 oz. at night before going to bed. I usually mix it with aloe vera juice, which makes it more flavorful (tart and tangy) than just water. I also like the ideas others have given about mixing it with foods, and I'm going to try some of them.

Organic!

Posted by ManxKat on Feb 20, 2012

Organic, mixes easily in Kefir and yogurt, not quite so easy in water. Tastes good and boosts energy.

High Quality

Posted by Reviewer1380641 on Dec 28, 2011

I am so glad to have found a powdered beet product I can stir into soups. It is a relief to have a high quality product which is affordable and one of the best things I can do for myself.

barbe

Posted by Reviewer1336386 on Jan 19, 2012

Works well. I did read from one of the reviewers that you had to reconstitute in hot water first and that is true. That works well and can be added to my smoothie with no problem that way.

good product

Posted by Reviewer1017130 on Jan 06, 2012

I like beets in my smoothies. I like this product because it is organic, raw,and easy to use. In the winter I don't always have access to organic fresh beets. Beets sweetens things up. Love the taste and convenience.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »