roasted a bit too much for my liking

Posted by Reviewer1354065 on Apr 24, 2011

this chicory is roasted a bit too dark for my liking, but it does give a pretty satisfying taste.

I LOVE IT

Posted by Reviewer3031617 on Sep 18, 2013

But it may not be everybody's taste. After the war in England, you couldn't get coffee. Anyway I was a kid and so was not allowed coffee. But there was an "instant coffee" substitute called Camp Coffee. Chicory root and raw sugar reduced to a thick syrup. MUCH, MUCH better than Nescafe!

glad to find organic roasted chicory

Posted by 5344038856691305644 on Mar 18, 2015

I've enjoyed New Orleans-style coffee-and-chicory blend all my life, and any other coffee tastes like muddy water to me. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find an already-blended coffee with chicory brand that is organic. So I now buy my own low-acid organic dark roast coffee and mix my own blend (half and half) with Frontier organic chicory. The taste isn't quite as good as my old favorites, but I feel safer knowing the coffee doesn't contain pesticide residue. My only other gripe is that I sometimes find small light-colored bits of what looks like random stems. Overall, I'm satisfied.

strong!

Posted by happycustomer23 on Dec 27, 2013

The flavor is nice, very strong. A little goes a long way. I think it has. Slight peppery taste. We like it added to our coffee and we pln to keep buying this. Hope it helps me eventually quit coffee all together.

mr.