roasted a bit too much for my liking

Posted by Reviewer1354065 on Apr 24, 2011

this chicory is roasted a bit too dark for my liking, but it does give a pretty satisfying taste.

I LOVE IT

Posted by Reviewer3031617 on Sep 18, 2013

But it may not be everybody's taste. After the war in England, you couldn't get coffee. Anyway I was a kid and so was not allowed coffee. But there was an "instant coffee" substitute called Camp Coffee. Chicory root and raw sugar reduced to a thick syrup. MUCH, MUCH better than Nescafe!

glad to find organic roasted chicory

Posted by 5344038856691305644 on Mar 18, 2015

I've enjoyed New Orleans-style coffee-and-chicory blend all my life, and any other coffee tastes like muddy water to me. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find an already-blended coffee with chicory brand that is organic. So I now buy my own low-acid organic dark roast coffee and mix my own blend (half and half) with Frontier organic chicory. The taste isn't quite as good as my old favorites, but I feel safer knowing the coffee doesn't contain pesticide residue. My only other gripe is that I sometimes find small light-colored bits of what looks like random stems. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Coffee Substitute for those who can't drink coffee

Posted by Reviewer1808312 on Dec 01, 2016

Great substitute for coffee. You can also mix half and half with coffee to cut down your coffee intake.

strong!

Posted by happycustomer23 on Dec 27, 2013

The flavor is nice, very strong. A little goes a long way. I think it has. Slight peppery taste. We like it added to our coffee and we pln to keep buying this. Hope it helps me eventually quit coffee all together.

mr.