Wonderful coffee substitute

Posted by sunnyflorida on Jul 05, 2012

I decided to eliminate all caffeine from my diet. Eliminating coffee was the hardest thing to do. I had terrible withdrawal symptoms for several days and craved something to replace my morning coffee. I am gluten intolerant and vegan, so that made it that much more difficult to find a good replacement. I decided to try organic roasted chicory root because I knew that it is often mixed with coffee in different blends and is caffeine free. I was really happy with the results. I put it in a pot with some cinnamon, pour in some boiling water, and let it brew for 5 minutes. Then, I use a strainer to pour out the liquid into my cup. I add some soy milk to it and I find it delicious. I don't miss coffee at all anymore. I sometimes add other ingredients to it, like carob powder, but find the chicory itself is enough for me. I put the contents of the big bag into a large glass bowl that I had. It has an air-tight cover and makes it very easy to use that way. I usually use a heaping teaspoon of the chicory to make a nice, strong brew. I love this stuff and will never be without it from now on. I look forward to having it every morning now.

Well prepared product.

Posted by Reviewer2474359 on Apr 28, 2012

This product was perfect for me. The taste is pungent and the grind is even. It works well as a hot drink or a coffee booster and does not clog a paper filter. The vacuum packaging is ideal for me as I am an international customer and purchase fairly large quantities in order to optimize my shipping costs. Totally satisfied with the purchase.

The best

Posted by 5394199897509690370 on Sep 01, 2012

You can't find this item on any store shelf. It's pure, it's tasty and it came in an additional zip lock bag so the smell is preserved. I love it!

Great Roasted Chicory Root

Posted by 5398817154136110349 on Apr 12, 2013

I combine these organic roasted chicory roots with organic dandelion roots to make a very tasty coffee alternative!

Super!

Posted by ManxKat on Mar 22, 2012

Really good!

Organic Chicory Root Granules

Posted by 4994403384752088138 on Oct 27, 2014

I really enjoy the organic chicory I ordered! It is so fresh and is really good mixed with decaf coffee. I have read that there are health benefits in drinking chicory. My order came to my house promptly. I plan to continue ordering chicory from iHerb.com as well as possibly some other products in the future.

Excellent Quality

Posted by 5110010498439385060 on Jun 10, 2015

Just getting used to chicory but this is excellent. Strong. Hard to believe it's non-caffeinated because it makes you feel great. Organic too. Super deal.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2883993 on Apr 04, 2016

I use this with a small amount of coffee for my breakfast drink. I like the way the flavor just blends in with the coffees flavor. What I like the most about the chicory is all the health benefits it has. Been ordering this for awhile now. Would like to larger package, since I use it every day. Iherb is 1 of the few places that seems to sell roasted chicory

Loved the chickory coffee flavor!

Posted by healingchildrennaturally on Jun 14, 2016

Great flavor with added nutrition of probiotics.

Great Coffee substitute

Posted by 5677942799296808082 on Oct 31, 2014

Looks like coffee but better for your health. Naturally contains NO caffeine. Wish the package was re-closeable.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »