Seems good but depends on the purity of the ocean water

Posted by psoriasis on Mar 31, 2014

Product alone smells good (like ocean algae) but the purity depends upon the pollution in the ocean water. For treating the Iodine deficiency it is advised to use something more potent like the Lugol's solution.

Very tasty and fresh...

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 26, 2013

usually algaes has some nasty taste that not everyones taste buds agrees with but these are fresh light green color kelp powder has a mild taste so i can put my dosage of about 3g of it into a cup and drink it without feeling it coming to a visit as a burp afterwards as it happens to me with spirulina or chlorela . i choose this brand because they state the iodine content which is key because iodine is important and we should consume more of it,we won't get a superior well being by consuming iodized salt we need at least 10 times more than what the fda is telling us(they only try to avoid goiter plague which is obvious to the eye) especially when we are exposed to toxic minerals that competes our thyroid gland inhibition such as chlorine in the water,fluoride in the water and toothpastes and bromine in white flour. but we also should not exceed our daily needs as it also negatively affects our thyroid so you should find your iodine tolerance point and keep things in balance from there on. kelp is the natural whole food for iodine needs in addition to the other trace minerals and protein in it,keep it in the freezer for a longer shelf life.please notice that everybody has a different upper limit of iodine intake and this product is highly concentrated with it,my upper limit is about 4g and if i take more than that i feel like i got the flu for a day or two...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Frontier Natural Powdered Kelp

Posted by KiMaLi on May 23, 2013

This is a USDA organic product. It is all natural. It is non-irradiated. It is hand harvested off the coast of Northwestern Iceland. If you found this review to be helpful please click the yes button. There is free shipping on purchases over 40.00. Items are usually shipped out within 24 hours for fast speedy delivery of your items.

Mix with Sea Salt for Healthy Iodized Salt

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Mar 28, 2013

Some people use kelp in place of salt, but I thought that was a bit extreme. I dumped out my salt shaker and filled it with a mix of 1 part kelp to 2 parts sea salt. Now I'll get iodine and other trace minerals naturally with my salt. Update: I've recently switched to using Himalayan Pink Sea salt. I now mix this with that for lots of wonderful trace minerals with a great taste!

Good Item

Posted by Reviewer2022704 on Jan 22, 2013

Seems to be helping me detox from Fluoride. Tough to take without putting it in a capsule.

kelp

Posted by Reviewer2039103 on Nov 24, 2012

good product

good product

Posted by Reviewer3283652 on Nov 17, 2012

This kelp powder is so much better than the similar product of "starwest botanicals". I find this taken best by mixing it with a little water to form a paste and leaving it for a few minutes to "gel". Then it slips down easily. I have had more regular cycles since taking 2-8 tsp daily.

Great source of iodine and potassium

Posted by robdee on Nov 07, 2012

I use this as a seasoning on cooked vegetables instead of salt. With CFS I try to get 10X RDI of iodine so this helps a lot towards reaching that goal. The potassium boost (instead of sodium in salt) is also helpful to improve my sodium/potassium balance. I think of this kelp as my 'sea vegetables'. 16 oz lasts me about a year. Affordable bulk price of this product and coming from Fronteir Naturals were the main reasons I selected this product.

Fresh product

Posted by Reviewer2954358 on Oct 08, 2012

Frontier kelp appears to be fresh, nice greenish color. I am happy with the quality.

Didn't notice a difference....

Posted by Reviewer1089009 on Feb 10, 2012

To be honest, I tried this daily for a little over two weeks. I didn't notice any difference in my energy level. I was dissapointed since I was earlier diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »