Fungiology, Organic Hericium Erinaceus (Lion's Mane), 3.52 oz (100 g) Powder

Don't expect acute miracles

Posted by thesmellofsand on Aug 21, 2013

I've done my research into LMM as any person would do when taking a new supplement. However, anecdotally it seems to take at least 1 month before benefits are noticeable, and clinically it was observed to be 3 months (if I'm not mistaken). Hence, one cannot set demands for this product. The taste is quite nice -though not so much like lobster as is said- and I sometimes add it as a seasoning to my eggs. Also, there's a handy scoop inside which I hadn't noticed earlier, with which I can now cut out the process of weighing it out. It's not exactly water soluble, though I haven't tried mixing it in oil. So it might be hard to take if you try to simply eat the powder, or mix it with water, however it's not impossible. If you have a encapsulating machine; definitely use that. I take LMM because of the increase in Nerve Growth Factor, and I have some neurological issues. So I figured that I'd just use it to support my neuronal growth, whether it is noticeable or not. Also, I've read that it could activate the transcription factor for Choline Acetyl Transferase, which would essentially increase the biosynthesis of AcetylCholine, which is what I'm after. My readings were loosely done though, and one should always seek to do there own research from reliable sources! In any case I notice no adverse effects whatsoever and this was the cheapest, most wholesome LMM product I could find. Though I can't attest for any effects, I'm content with this product and have no regrets in buying it. I'd recommend for anyone looking to supplement with LMM to go for this exact product!

not effective as i expected...

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 26, 2013

after trying the Cordyceps mushroom from this same company which i find as a very useful product i decided to try this product for its known mental alertness,memory & concentration improvement,but unfortunately this product did not deliver what i expected at all.to be honest i have no experience with this type of mushroom to this date and this product is the first time i try it,so it might be that its just one of those herbs/plants that is ineffective on my body,for instance,i tried several Reishi(Ganoderma) products including Raw mushroom as well as strong extracts and none of them effected me whatsoever so it is possible that my body isn't reacting to Lion's Mane in general,but i did doubled the dosage to 3700mg just to be sure and it still was ineffective.on the positive side-it smells and tastes like food ,not medicinal flavor at all-very natural to my impression,i will stick with Ginkgo biloba & Amla(Phyllanthus emblica/Indian Gooseberry/Amalaki) for mental alertness which i find both to be very effective on my body...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews