Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Gaia Herbs, Holy Basil Leaf, 60 Veggie Liquid Phyto-Caps

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Excellent adaptogen revered for thousands of years, recommended by LLMD

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jun 30, 2012

Holy Basil (Tulsi) is an adaptogenic herb. Someone in my life has chronic Lyme, and their LLMD suggested adding Tulsi to the anti-Lyme herbal tea they drink, along with a traditional Western medicine approach. LLMD stands for "Lyme literate medical doctor," someone who has more experience in diagnosing and treating Lyme disease. It manifests differently in people, often with different co-infections, so what is right for one (or at one stage of the game) might not be right for another. The Tulsi was recommended for anxiety. It can help with the effects of too much cortisol in the body. I know I myself am an over user of coffee, and even that produces a lot of cortisol for me. If you have adrenal burn-out, check in with your own doctor or health practitioners to see if Tulsi/Holy Basil might be right for you. Herbs work differently for folks, and for some Holy Basil is more of a stimulant (and can make them feel jittery or keep them awake) and others report it helps them to sleep. It can depend on what else you take it with, what time of day, etc., so some tweaking might be in order. Adaptogens work in a slower way in the body, so it may take a while for you to feel the full effects. This is a brand I like and trust. There is a lot of information available on this herb, so do your research. The number of health conditions it is used for on people and animals is astounding. There are different types of Holy Basil, and dosage will differ not only based on health condition but which type of the herb. I believe this is an herb to avoid if pregnant or trying to get pregnant, but if that is the case with you I hope you are working closely with your health team anyway to make sure that what you ingest is safe and right for you. Heal well! :)

Good for mood

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Jan 15, 2010

I've tried a lot of mood enhancers and this one works the best for me. It took a week or two to really kick in. I noticed that I wasn't as grumpy with my kids and more patient, which is what I wanted it for. I take one in the morning and sometimes in afternoon. I used to buy it at a local health food store, but the price is better at iherb.

Super Energized and Calm

Posted by thacia on Jun 11, 2012

I was referred to the product Holy Basil by my doctor. I was struggling with stress and lack of energy due to health problems. The first day I took the product, I was a little sleepy, but by the second day I was already becoming accustomed to the herb. By the 3rd, 4th & 5th day my energy and enthusiasm was definately up to par! It felt GREAT to have energy again after being physically ill for so long. It is great to feel calm at work and not on edge when I drink coffee. I chose the liquid filled capsules and love them. I take two a day. I love the product and the company that makes them, Gaia, and am definately impressed with iherbs.com. If you want to feel super ENERGIZED and CALM please get this product!

excellant herb

Posted by Reviewer1500935 on Oct 22, 2011

excellant herb, takes the edge off, very subtle & no side effects. enters the systems fairly fast with the liquid filled caps. Gaia herbs have superb products.

Gaia Herbs are the best

Posted by Reviewer1248590 on Jan 03, 2012

I always look for vegan capsules and Gaia can be relied upon for that as well as their high quality products.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »