Garden of Life, Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil, Lemon Mint Flavor, 8 fl oz (236 ml)

Best tasting, No Burping

Posted by Reviewer1056942 From Virginia on Feb 16, 2008

I have tried Swansons, Carlsons, etc but I always come back to this one. Taste is great, I don't burp fish for the next 4 hrs, and I most like the fact that the Vitamin A is all natural. From what I have been able to find out, even though everyone loves the Carlsons, their Vitamin A has been removed and they have added back the synthetic Vitamin A to their Cod Liver Oil . I sent Carlsons 3 emails and they will not answer me concerning their Vitamin A. Therefore, I assume theirs has synthetic Vitamin A.

More nutritious/taste very minty

Posted by Reviewer2627164 From Massachusetts on Feb 12, 2007

I bought Garden of Life over Carlson's because of its superior Vit A content in comparison. It also lists the Omega 3 amt (Carlson does not), and it doesn't add synthetic vitamins (Carlson's does). The mint taste can be somewhat overpowering - all you taste is the mint. There is a slight fishy aftertaste. Overall, it's a tasty way to get your vitamins and EFAs in their most natural form.

not olde enough

Posted by Reviewer3064716 From Washington on Jan 11, 2011

Like all modern cod liver oil,it is too processed to be really effective but my dogs like it.I want the old fashion and stinky stuff and its not easy to get.Only one place to find it and it's pricy.Green pasture brand and really has a strong odor so most would hate it.Green pastures clo reminds me of vietnamese fish sauce.If you can handle that,go for it.This olde world clo isn't that bad for a cheap product but you must take it with butter or coconut oil to make it work best.Don't take my word for it.Look it up on the internet.

This is the very best!

Posted by Reviewer1787150 From California on Mar 21, 2010

I have used this brand for several years now. It really works. I am very glad that they do not clean it like other brands that are reputed to be good. Something feels like it's missing that I get from this. I even prefer it to more expensive brands of high vitamin cod liver oils recommended by Weston A Price Foundation's website. What a great anti-inflammatory this is. I notice it if I don't remember to take it. Highly recommended.

faithful to product, Infection fighter

Posted by Reviewer3356391 From New York on Feb 04, 2008

This brand of cod liver oil is a real infection fighter all other brands did nothing for relief and fast, immediate relief. talk about a tooth ache. I have a broken wisdom tooth that started to ache I took the product held it in my mouth where the tooth was and then swallowed. five minutes the pain stated to subside and then there was no pain and it actually felt as though i had a shot of novacaine. that night i was able to go to sleep pain free.