Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Garden of Life, Perfect Food, Super Green Formula, 21.16 oz (600 g)

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This product uses young gras s juices (more nutrition per mg, without the fibre), different mix of sea plants and fermentation whole food (highly bioavailable). The product is also organic and does not use cheaper filler like lecithin, apple pectin. Not that they are bad, it is just that they are not value for money. There isn’t a lot of vegetables juice (18 vegetables totalling 200mg only) or probiotics (1 billion is quite low and that is at the time of manufacture). The taste is quite light and easy to take. It mixes easily with a blender bottle. It is sweetened with stevia and not overdone (a lot of green drink has too much stevia). I think the product is somewhat misleading as it claims ’45 phytonutrient dense superfoods’. 95% of the weight is based on 25 foods and the remaining 5% is distributed among the other 20 foods. You do the maths! I think what ruins the product is that it uses flow agent, magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Pricewise, it is fairly reasonable. Check out my page for more reviews!

Best green stuff out there!

Posted by Reviewer1783972 on Feb 03, 2013

Somtimes I think I could live off this, fat and protein. Probably the #1 suppliment I've found.

San Diego, Ca

Posted by Reviewer1859055 on Jun 01, 2010

Great nutritional support when you can't eat all the greens needed in a day. (I have immune system difficiencies) Great for trips. I can stay on track with my diet and my health holds up much better. When I am acutely sick, I take the product several times a day and can feel the energy returning.

Excellent product of its kind

Posted by Reviewer2663858 on Aug 17, 2010

Because of the sprouting of the greens and grains and adding probiotics with several strains of bifidus I find this product superior to the several others I have tried. Very digestible to grain or gluten intolerant people and anyone healing from candida yeast/mold overgrowth.

Love this Product!

Posted by Reviewer2683941 on Mar 12, 2008

Perfect Food has been one of my staples for a few years now. It makes me feel much better about my on-the-go diet when I know I've had my greens for the day. It really gives me an over-all feeling of well-being and lots of energy--really good stuff!