New To iHerb?

Garden of Life, Perfect Food, Super Green Formula, 21.16 oz (600 g)

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This product uses young gras s juices (more nutrition per mg, without the fibre), different mix of sea plants and fermentation whole food (highly bioavailable). The product is also organic and does not use cheaper filler like lecithin, apple pectin. Not that they are bad, it is just that they are not value for money. There isn’t a lot of vegetables juice (18 vegetables totalling 200mg only) or probiotics (1 billion is quite low and that is at the time of manufacture). The taste is quite light and easy to take. It mixes easily with a blender bottle. It is sweetened with stevia and not overdone (a lot of green drink has too much stevia). I think the product is somewhat misleading as it claims ’45 phytonutrient dense superfoods’. 95% of the weight is based on 25 foods and the remaining 5% is distributed among the other 20 foods. You do the maths! I think what ruins the product is that it uses flow agent, magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Pricewise, it is fairly reasonable. Check out my page for more reviews!

Outstanding natural energy and health

Posted by Reviewer2348333 on Aug 13, 2007

Look at the ingredients list! Just awesome. I work, in part, as a naturapathic therapist, and this is one of the products I recommend most to patients. For $54 you get two months supply of extraordinary "goodness". Funny, old fashioned word to use, but there is none better to describe it. Plus it gives great, almost instant, energy. If I am at a loss what to prescribe, then this - and also the Garden of Life Living Multi - are my staples. The combination of super foods is without compare. I have never come accross a mix of superfoods that is better. This has amino acids, natural fatty acids, rich in RNA and other cell supports, chock full of antioxidants, phytochemicals, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. And all as nature (or God) intended. You can scour the net and read hundreds of reviews recommending other green foods. But this is the one I ALWAYS come back to as the quality and quantity and variety is so high. There is simply none better. Perfect food for mind and body, indeed.

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2844664 on Jun 03, 2008

My girlfriend and I run a couple of businesses we started together and are always on the go. Eating is something we do as we go. So we don't get to eat everything that we know we should anymore. This works out great for us, could tell the first week when we were taking it. However, I would not suggest drinking it by itself as it is all your greens in powder form so the taste is pretty gross. We mix it in with our morning smoothie and we're off! Can't taste it with all the fruit.

LOve it

Posted by Reviewer3045679 on Feb 02, 2009

I read the reviews first before buying it..gives you lots of energy maybe too much ;)

THE BEST

Posted by Reviewer2153251 on Sep 02, 2008

I love this stuff. It's potent. I've been using it for a few years now. Worth the price.