July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Garden of Life, Primal Defense, HSO Probiotic Formula, 216 Caplets

Not as good as it used to be

Posted by Reviewer2250162 on Jan 06, 2012

I have systemic candidiasis and this used to help control that. I used to feel pretty good after taking these, but not anymore. I was curious so I took an old empty bottle that I had and compared it to the new bottle. It looks like they changed the order of the probiotic species and also changed the ingredients, so now it does not work as well as it did for me. I hate to get personal but it used to change the color of my poop to a green color, which is what it's supposed to do b/c the probiotic species will colonize. Now it does not do that any more and I feel worse as well. I don't understand why they changed this, it worked great before! I've been using this for as long as it has been on the market and now I'm so dissappointed with the change!

For Me, the Original PD Works Much Better than PD Ultra

Posted by Reviewer1797475 on Dec 01, 2012

This product (the non-Ultra version of Primal Defense) helped me get rid of a chronic pain in or close to my splenic (or left colic) flexure (where the transverse and descending colon join), and it normalized my BMs which tended towards constipation. However, when I switched to the Ultra version of Primal Defense, both these conditions returned. When I wrote to Garden of Life about this, they replied: "If you feel as though the regular Primal Defense formula worked well for you, you should consider switching back.  We always suggest that you stick with what works best for you as everyone is different." So when I switched back to this product (which has a somewhat different blend of probiotics than the Ultra), the pain disappeared and my stools normalized again. And, what's more, there is the added advantage of being less expensive than the Ultra form.

Awesome probiotic!

Posted by eathealthy on Jun 29, 2013

This is an excellent, easy to take probiotic. The price is right for this bonus size with an extra 36 capsules. I have been taking 2 tablets per day in the morning and at night with a glass of water, and feel great. It helps to promote better immunity and regularity of bowels. I only wish I had tried this excellent product sooner! They don't require refrigeration, making them a good choice for ordering via mail. If you like my review check out my page by clicking my name in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

the best!

Posted by HealthyAndHappy on Feb 04, 2014

I used garden of life primal defense for over 10 years and had great results (initially for h-pylori treatment and ongoing for regularity and IBS symptoms). I switched to Gr8 dophilus, based on reviews, to save money. I have found no benefits from taking Gr8 dophilus. I will go back to primal defense despite the cost. I would give this 6 stars if I could. Really controls all IBS symptoms for me! Please click yes if this review helped you. :)

Helpful but expensive

Posted by Reviewer2101743 on Oct 01, 2008

This is expensive 'dirt', though I think it helps my digestion overall.