Garden of Life, Primal Defense, HSO Probiotic Formula, 180 Veggie Caplets

Ulcerative Colitis in remmission b/c of this product

Posted by Reviewer2824493 From California on Jul 10, 2009

I have tried switching to other brands but they do not work. I have severe ulcerative colitis and primal defense got my colon healthy. After years of prescription drugs with lots of side effects I only take 2-4 pills a day to keep the colitis at bay. I cannot go without this product for more than a week without suffering from a bout of colitis. This stuff really works. In a world of supplement products with marketing gimmicks it is nice to know Primal Defense is the real deal and I can count on it.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2988221 From Georgia on Mar 27, 2009

Primal Defense totally eliminated the Clostridium difficule (C. diff) I had a few years back. I got up to 12 a day for a month, experienced diarrhea twice, was retested and it was gone (didn't tell my Dr I didn't take the Flagyl he ordered until 2 years later). I stayed on the product at high doses for 2 additional months, then backed down to 3/day for a year. However, it doesn't seem to be as potent lately as when I first used it. Could be my body or the product, not sure yet. Try for yourself - will bring balance in the gut flora.

This really is the best probiotic.

Posted by Reviewer2742926 From Arkansas on Mar 20, 2009

This is a lifesaver! This helps my itchy skin, digestive woes, and battered immune system far more any other probiotic that I have tried. If I could only have one supplement (outside of vitamins) - this would be it. It is worth every penny...especially here at i-Herb!

The best

Posted by Reviewer1483401 From Australia on Jun 02, 2009

I have IBS and I have had IBD (crohns) with a bowel resection, therefore my gut is quite sensitive. This keeps things a bit more normal. I feel better on it, and couldnt be without it. It can constipate you if you take too many, so hence if you are in a diarrhea cycle its good for getting things normal again. Ive used others but they dont compare. Particulary good for crohns as it has the bifido bacterium strains which according to research is specifically the one which helps crohns (according to my gastoeneterologist).

amazing--i love these!

Posted by Reviewer1760262 From California on Jun 02, 2008

These do a great job of eliminating my constant indigestion and digestive pain. I feel so much better since I've started taking these. I take 4 a day (one with my coffee, then one with each meal). Even my athlete's foot is clearing up, and my body odor has subsided. WAY BETTER than any of the other probiotics I've taken, and very much worth the money.