effective, therapeutic grade probiotic

Posted by Reviewer2825897 on Oct 17, 2011

Garden of Life sells one of the few brands of therapeutic grade probiotics in the U.S. If you are trying to heal your gut, this is a good one. Be sure to progress gradually though, and be aware of die off symptoms--which are obnoxious, but tell you it is working! I noticed some reviewers complained of these symptoms but didn't seem to realize why they were experiencing them. If you begin feeling fatigued, headachy, flu-ish, gastro-intestinal upset, moody, get rashy or acne, etc..., it means large numbers of pathogenic bacteria and yeast are dying in your body and your body is trying to get rid of the toxic load. Cut back to one less capsule, drink lots of water, and when you start feeling better, add a capsule again and give it another go. A therapeutic level is one capsule below what causes die off symptoms for you. Eliminating starches and complex sugars along with probiotic therapy will go very far in healing serious gut issues and seemingly unrelated issues to gut health (food allergies, learning and behavior problems, depression, auto-immune disorders, etc...). Read Gut and Psychology Syndrome, by Natasha Campbell McBride to learn more about gut health and it's influence on the brain and body.

Garden of Life, Primal Defense Ultra 216 Caps

Posted by Reviewer1690748 on Nov 27, 2010

I have ordered the above product the 2nd time now. Each time it arrived in Australia around 2 weeks with US airmail. The postage is only $4.00, it is speedy and reliable and arrived in excellent condition. Iherb is an trust worthy company, selling products at a good price with affordable shipping options. I have constipation for many many years, at age 51, I am at my wits ends. Also I have CFS. I tried many high strength probiotic from Sydney, but the effect are just so so. This Primal Defense Ultra was recommanded by a friend and I only take 2 in the middle of night after I get up for a pee(empty stomach), next morning, I can feel the urge and empty more complete, it is much better than any probiotic I have ever taken and I have taken quite a few different brands. I kept them in fridge anyway even they said you do not need to. I am going to take it LONG LONG term, as it helps with so many things, and healthy guts means good health. And the price is cheaper than those I get from Sydney anyway. Best Regards Alice W

best i've tried

Posted by Reviewer3177959 on May 18, 2010

i have tried EVERY probiotic--this one is the best.

IBS, etc sufferers take notice!

Posted by Reviewer2755300 on Jun 19, 2010

These are REALLY potent in a good way. Used to have intestinal issues, but after taking these for 2 months with Vit D supplement, I am 100% better. I used to take PB8, which are decent, but these seem to be stronger.

Great probiotic

Posted by katmakiah on Jan 13, 2010

This normalized my digestion and gave me back a normal BM. I'd been sick for about 2 years when I switched from PB-8 to Primal Defense Ultra and it worked immediately. I took 3 a day for a couple of weeks. Now I take 1 a day.

Definite Improvement

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jul 12, 2011

These seem to work better when you get built up to 3 a day. I noticed a big improvement when I started taking one in a.m., one around mid-day and another before I go to bed. My B.M.'s are more consistent and I have less gas. I'm sure there are other benefits that I am not recognizing yet, but I definitely feel better. When taking just two in a day I didn't notice as much difference, so make sure you take enough and give them a chance if you try them.

Primal defence

Posted by Reviewer3197755 on Feb 15, 2010

This product is amazing!!! everyone should take it, i've NEVER been sick whilst i've been taking primal defence, not even a cold!

Probiotics

Posted by Reviewer1120774 on Jul 16, 2010

Probiotics are important to my family's health and we like Garden of Life. My son used to have frequent fever blisters that lasted 2 weeks. Now if he feels one coming on, he takes 4-5 probiotics for a few days and it's gone.

The best so far!!

Posted by Reviewer2321661 on Apr 30, 2016

This is the ultimate probiotic that really works. I can empty well every day and no more bloating. I started with 1 per day and now up to 3 per day. That is all I need. Do not give up if you experience some side effects at the early stage. That may mean it is doing its job to clear up your guts (bad bacteria). You will feel a lot better after 1 week or so. I have tried many brands of probiotic and this is the one I would highly recommend. Some do not work at all and some are very expensive. This one works and quite affordable.

Kudos for Probiotics

Posted by Reviewer3204139 on Jan 17, 2010

After a few months my Rosacea acne-like skin problems are MUCH improved!!