Garden of Life, RAW Meal, Beyond Organic Meal Replacement Formula, 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)

Reviews 2-star

Swing and a Miss!

Posted by Reviewer1259563 on Nov 01, 2011

I give them an A for effort but this meal replacement is not edible. They need to work a bit more on the taste. I love that its raw and organic but I've had raw organic food that tastes delicious and this doesn't. It pretty much tastes like dirt from my back yard.

Dang

Posted by 5231800612931483152 on Feb 10, 2014

The list of ingredients alone is super impressive, but trying to get this inside my body is another story. I have never put anything in my mouth that instantly activated my gag reflexes like this has. The first week my husband and I tried to ingest this stuff we'd suffer through chugging with tears streaming down our faces. Besides the fact it tastes and feels like seaweed flavored lubricant, the taste really does linger in my mouth. Now it sits in our storage closet but maybe one of these days we'll get bored and try to get our money's worth out of this stuff. I'd give it one star based on taste alone, but I give it two because it does have so much in terms of nutrients... I really want to enjoy this, but dang, bro.

not good

Posted by Reviewer2690231 on Dec 16, 2011

it's good for you but taste horrible

Intolerable taste. No health benefit noticed. Don't like to waste food, but this goes in the trash.

Posted by Reviewer2344847 on Apr 19, 2010

I am tough when it comes to healthful foods - juice dandelions, drink powdered spirulina, no refined carbs and all the rest - but this raw sprout powder is too tough to drink unless one would mix a lot of sugary ingredients like some of the people reviewing product positively. I like the concept of raw, high protein, etc. but I felt no health benefit. I've read that vegetables and grains are not necessarily good to eat raw. A rule of thumb for me is that if it tastes toxic don't force it down. It is a good value though if it works for you.

Hmmmm

Posted by Reviewer3031617 on Dec 05, 2012

Got great things in it, but just doesn't taste that good, I'm afraid.