Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Garden of Life, RAW Meal, Beyond Organic Meal Replacement Formula, 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)

Reviews 4-star

Taste gross.....but it makes me feel good

Posted by Reviewer2311278 on Apr 02, 2012

I have been a Sun Warrior junkie for a long time...I decided to give RAW a try...OMG...it tastes like throw up....uuuggghhh!!! HOWEVER, it makes me feel good and keeps me going for awhile and for those 2 reasons...I keep drinking it. I put 2 scoops in water along with one heaping tablespoon of Spirulina and I drink with a straw really fast and then chase it with water.

Good But Takes Time To Get Used To Taste

Posted by Reviewer2782117 on Apr 18, 2011

This is a good product. It takes a while to get used to the taste though. I add a little xylotol to sweeten it and drink it "down in one". You need to drink it quite quickly after it's made up too as it gets very think. Also, I find that it's not enough for me to just drink this as a meal replacement (I'm a pretty active man). I also eat some fruit.

Expensive but it works!

Posted by Reviewer2407880 on Mar 13, 2011

I have used this product for nearly a year now. I've seen a noticeable improvement in my bodies ability to digest and process food properly. I make a smoothie with vanilla hemp milk, organic blueberries plus raspberries and one half scoop RAW meal each morning.

It works but,,,

Posted by norihito on Jun 09, 2010

Yeah, I feel great when I eat this instead of normal meal, but tastes so bad. It's hard to say "it tastes ok." Espesially when I have vega product, vega set off the disgusting taste of this product. But it works very well as a supplement, I'm sure I'll buy this product, because this is so reasonable price.

Takes a while to get used to

Posted by Reviewer2604470 on May 22, 2010

The flavor is really... bean-y. I have only mixed this with either chocolate soy milk or almond milk, and I think almond milk is my preferred. I think it would be good with vanilla almond milk, honey, a banana and some strawberries, blended. It doesn't taste great, but it doesn't taste FAKE either, and my taste buds respond much better to real (if kind of strange-tasting) food than artificial foods. The nutrition is what drew me to this product. Dramatic taste alteration should be up to the consumer, in my opinion. I do wish it was a little less expensive, because $40 for 14 servings is a little pricey.