The best meal replacement shake ever!

Posted by Reviewer2783244 on Feb 11, 2011

I having been using this product religiously for the past 1 and a half months to replace breakfast and lunch 5 days a week. I mix it with chocolate almond milk and a teaspoon of stevia. I do not feel hungry all day and I have lost over 20 pounds. Also my digestion is in perfect balance and I have great sustained energy levels. This is truly a great product!

excellent

Posted by Reviewer1684744 on Sep 01, 2011

This is the best vegan protein I have ever tasted. Just mix one scoop with 8oz of water and stir it nicely and drink it. It is slightly sweet. As I have a very sweet tooth I add a pinch of Stevia and it tastes even better. It is very easily digestible does not cause stomach distress like other proteins do. It is a storehouse of every goodness. But never try to blend it and make a smoothie because it will taste bitter. I did this first and it was awful and I had throw it. So I just mixed with water as the instruction says and it was great. You can add a few drops of lemon to it and it will give you a variation in taste. When you drink this don't try to eat a lot of food with it. Then you won't feel great. Please have this on its own and after a while when you are hungry you eat your food. You won't go wrong. My full marks to Garden of Life for making such a great product. Thanks to Iherb for stocking it.

Great Quality

Posted by Reviewer2101045 on May 02, 2010

I appreciate this product tremendously--it is convenient, high protein, low calories and easy to digest. In the beginning, this tasted real bad and I couldn’t do it but now I got use to it. I bring it with me when I work abroad where getting balanced, high fiber, clean-source food is a task.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer3323667 on Jun 29, 2011

Bought this product about a month ago and have used it as a meal replacement every morning for breakfast, and often as a replenishment formula after a grueling workout. One scoop is enough for me, keeps me full all morning long. I am currently in Korea and have trouble finding liquids to mix it with, especially those that don't have sugar. I normally mix with water or soy milk and I actually think it tastes pretty damn good. Thumbs up for Garden of Life RAW Meal Replacement! Will definitely buy again!

Will buy again

Posted by Reviewer2515804 on Mar 03, 2010

I bought this meal replacement to up my nutrition and protein in smoothies or when I am in a hurry. It mixes easily and the taste blends well. It mixes well in carrot juice but because of the high quantity of powder used you definetly notice it in the juice but it is not chalky. It is not heavy like a regular meal but satisfying and digests well.

Outstanding Product

Posted by Reviewer1362480 on Oct 20, 2010

I have used this product every day for 7 months. I'm a runner, and I need top-quality nutrition. This is my standard breakfast. After long runs, I often also use it as a recovery drink. With all the nutrients and protein, it noticeably speeds up my recovery. The taste is not great, but definitely manageable. Overall, highly recommended!

Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner

Posted by divelanai on Mar 24, 2011

This seems to be a great combination and soy free! It came recommended and I am glad I tried it. The serving size is two large scoops. The scoop size does seem to be larger than ones I have used before and my drink was a little thick (the banans probably didn't help either). It has a more nutty or grainy taste to it than a soy protien but it is still neutral enough to mix with anything! I will buy again!

BEST.THING.EVER

Posted by OrlyDumitrescu on Jul 12, 2012

OK, WOW. Just WOW. I can't stop praising this formula. I was never a breakfast person, but after starting to working out almost daily, and almost always in the morning I decided I have to start eating something light and small but never really followed my promise. I stumbled upon this product while browsing on Iherb and after reading all the good reviews decided to give it a try. The taste is not amazing but it's not that bad either and you totally get used to it. After 3 days of this stuff I started feeling amazing, more energized and just overall good and healthy and less tired. Before started drinking this stuff I usually got hungry at around 12pm and by the evening I was starving, now I get hungry only at around 1-2pm and I feel good and much less hungry at dinner. Buy this stuff. You'll thank me.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is probably the best meal replacement in the market that is healthy. It is nice that you can get most of the vitamin and mineral in significant amount and in natural form (100% daily value is the amount needed to provide deficiency, not optimum amount), high fiber, and high plant proteins that is highly absorbed compared to animal protein, live probiotics, enzymes, raw (no nutrients get destroyed by heat) and many other co factors that are beneficial too! The product is organic and free of artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colourings and other junk. The reviews about the taste scared a bit but I am glad that I did buy it. Seriously, it tastes mild sweet and quite nice! Sometimes, I even eat it straight without mixing with water though it is very dry. It is only possible if it is tasty! It tends to taste less sweet if mixed with water (not sure why). You can improve on the taste by mixing with chocolate blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate or maca for sweetening. It is easy to digest and it’s quite fulfilling. Generally, it can last me about 4 hours and gives me the energy to do my work. Pricewise, it’s reasonable and comparable to the cost of a typical meal. It would be nice if the product actually list the amount of weight per ingredients. I like Garden of Life products but some of their products seem to have ingredients of minuscule amount that it seem like ‘pixel dust’ (industry term for supplement that has no effect at that low amount of weight). One obvious downside is that the powder is very hard to mix even with a blender bottle. It tends to lump together and does not break down that easily. It’s very normal to find bits of small lumps of undis solved powder here and there after finished drinking. Check out my page for more reviews!

better than expected!

Posted by Reviewer1883725 on Feb 23, 2012

We begain using the RAW MEAL FOR A 28 day cleanse. After reading the reviews, we were convinced that it was going to taste awful! We were pleasantly surprised. We mixed it with many things but found that pure fruit juice was the best for us. (mailnly pineapple. We now use the raw meal for breakfast every day. A smoothie with one scoop will hold both my husband and I through to lunch. Although weight loss was not our goal (allergies for me) My husband has lost 20 pounds in 2 months!! We both feel amazing. The combination of Raw Meal, working out and eating more vegetables has given me more energy and i sleep better at night. THUMBS UP!!!