The best meal replacement shake ever!

Posted by Reviewer2783244 on Feb 11, 2011

I having been using this product religiously for the past 1 and a half months to replace breakfast and lunch 5 days a week. I mix it with chocolate almond milk and a teaspoon of stevia. I do not feel hungry all day and I have lost over 20 pounds. Also my digestion is in perfect balance and I have great sustained energy levels. This is truly a great product!

excellent

Posted by Reviewer1684744 on Sep 01, 2011

This is the best vegan protein I have ever tasted. Just mix one scoop with 8oz of water and stir it nicely and drink it. It is slightly sweet. As I have a very sweet tooth I add a pinch of Stevia and it tastes even better. It is very easily digestible does not cause stomach distress like other proteins do. It is a storehouse of every goodness. But never try to blend it and make a smoothie because it will taste bitter. I did this first and it was awful and I had throw it. So I just mixed with water as the instruction says and it was great. You can add a few drops of lemon to it and it will give you a variation in taste. When you drink this don't try to eat a lot of food with it. Then you won't feel great. Please have this on its own and after a while when you are hungry you eat your food. You won't go wrong. My full marks to Garden of Life for making such a great product. Thanks to Iherb for stocking it.

Great Quality

Posted by Reviewer2101045 on May 02, 2010

I appreciate this product tremendously--it is convenient, high protein, low calories and easy to digest. In the beginning, this tasted real bad and I couldn’t do it but now I got use to it. I bring it with me when I work abroad where getting balanced, high fiber, clean-source food is a task.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer3323667 on Jun 29, 2011

Bought this product about a month ago and have used it as a meal replacement every morning for breakfast, and often as a replenishment formula after a grueling workout. One scoop is enough for me, keeps me full all morning long. I am currently in Korea and have trouble finding liquids to mix it with, especially those that don't have sugar. I normally mix with water or soy milk and I actually think it tastes pretty damn good. Thumbs up for Garden of Life RAW Meal Replacement! Will definitely buy again!

Will buy again

Posted by Reviewer2515804 on Mar 03, 2010

I bought this meal replacement to up my nutrition and protein in smoothies or when I am in a hurry. It mixes easily and the taste blends well. It mixes well in carrot juice but because of the high quantity of powder used you definetly notice it in the juice but it is not chalky. It is not heavy like a regular meal but satisfying and digests well.

better than expected!

Posted by Reviewer1883725 on Feb 23, 2012

We begain using the RAW MEAL FOR A 28 day cleanse. After reading the reviews, we were convinced that it was going to taste awful! We were pleasantly surprised. We mixed it with many things but found that pure fruit juice was the best for us. (mailnly pineapple. We now use the raw meal for breakfast every day. A smoothie with one scoop will hold both my husband and I through to lunch. Although weight loss was not our goal (allergies for me) My husband has lost 20 pounds in 2 months!! We both feel amazing. The combination of Raw Meal, working out and eating more vegetables has given me more energy and i sleep better at night. THUMBS UP!!!

Super meal replacement!!

Posted by JazzyUmmS on May 29, 2012

I experienced alot of whole food products and I knew that this powder would likely not taste too great. And I was right - it tastes very bland. (Might mix well with bananas, and I love bananas.) "But I really appreciate Garden of Life for their no-compromises approach to nutrition, and that is why I bought this," one reviewer said, but for me it was more. I felt I was getting a complete food and I could sweeten with stevia or fruit and get what I needed when I was running around at my stables or with my kids. I like its nutritional profile and the fact that it is filling and left me satisfied. I know I will adjust to the taste over time. Soy and Whey proteins mixes give me bad gas, but when I drink this my tummy seems happy. I also hate the horrible fake-sweet taste that so many protein mixes have cause I am not sure what they used to sweeten. I'd much rather adjust to the taste of this than choke down one of those. I can drink Raw Meal as-is. Also, I wanted an additional type of protein, that was a full replacement as I do occasionally drink the Lifetime unsweetened protein shake as a meal replacement. So overall I rate this as an excellent meal replacement for anyone who is willing to tough it out in order to not sacrifice a REAL meal!!

BEST.THING.EVER

Posted by OrlyDumitrescu on Jul 12, 2012

OK, WOW. Just WOW. I can't stop praising this formula. I was never a breakfast person, but after starting to working out almost daily, and almost always in the morning I decided I have to start eating something light and small but never really followed my promise. I stumbled upon this product while browsing on Iherb and after reading all the good reviews decided to give it a try. The taste is not amazing but it's not that bad either and you totally get used to it. After 3 days of this stuff I started feeling amazing, more energized and just overall good and healthy and less tired. Before started drinking this stuff I usually got hungry at around 12pm and by the evening I was starving, now I get hungry only at around 1-2pm and I feel good and much less hungry at dinner. Buy this stuff. You'll thank me.

Outstanding Product

Posted by Reviewer1362480 on Oct 20, 2010

I have used this product every day for 7 months. I'm a runner, and I need top-quality nutrition. This is my standard breakfast. After long runs, I often also use it as a recovery drink. With all the nutrients and protein, it noticeably speeds up my recovery. The taste is not great, but definitely manageable. Overall, highly recommended!

Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner

Posted by divelanai on Mar 24, 2011

This seems to be a great combination and soy free! It came recommended and I am glad I tried it. The serving size is two large scoops. The scoop size does seem to be larger than ones I have used before and my drink was a little thick (the banans probably didn't help either). It has a more nutty or grainy taste to it than a soy protien but it is still neutral enough to mix with anything! I will buy again!