Heavy Metals \m/

Posted by 5574639932455245180 on May 14, 2014

This was my first order and i never get it, iHerb gave me no refound. Later i found on internet that it contains a lot of HEAVY METALS AND IS REALY A DANGEROUS PRODUCT, PLEASE SURF BEFORE BUY THIS!

fabulous ingredient list, but horrible taste

Posted by Reviewer3018944 on Jun 28, 2010

I was so excited about the extensive organic ingredient list this product had that I feel bad leaving a semi negative review, but....the taste of this product truly is the worst thing I have ever tried. I have a sister and sister in law that tried it and they have the same opinion. So I leave this for warning- it is not for the faint of heart!

Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner

Posted by divelanai on Mar 24, 2011

This seems to be a great combination and soy free! It came recommended and I am glad I tried it. The serving size is two large scoops. The scoop size does seem to be larger than ones I have used before and my drink was a little thick (the banans probably didn't help either). It has a more nutty or grainy taste to it than a soy protien but it is still neutral enough to mix with anything! I will buy again!

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is probably the best meal replacement in the market that is healthy. It is nice that you can get most of the vitamin and mineral in significant amount and in natural form (100% daily value is the amount needed to provide deficiency, not optimum amount), high fiber, and high plant proteins that is highly absorbed compared to animal protein, live probiotics, enzymes, raw (no nutrients get destroyed by heat) and many other co factors that are beneficial too! The product is organic and free of artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colourings and other junk. The reviews about the taste scared a bit but I am glad that I did buy it. Seriously, it tastes mild sweet and quite nice! Sometimes, I even eat it straight without mixing with water though it is very dry. It is only possible if it is tasty! It tends to taste less sweet if mixed with water (not sure why). You can improve on the taste by mixing with chocolate blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate or maca for sweetening. It is easy to digest and it’s quite fulfilling. Generally, it can last me about 4 hours and gives me the energy to do my work. Pricewise, it’s reasonable and comparable to the cost of a typical meal. It would be nice if the product actually list the amount of weight per ingredients. I like Garden of Life products but some of their products seem to have ingredients of minuscule amount that it seem like ‘pixel dust’ (industry term for supplement that has no effect at that low amount of weight). One obvious downside is that the powder is very hard to mix even with a blender bottle. It tends to lump together and does not break down that easily. It’s very normal to find bits of small lumps of undis solved powder here and there after finished drinking. Check out my page for more reviews!

better than expected!

Posted by Reviewer1883725 on Feb 23, 2012

We begain using the RAW MEAL FOR A 28 day cleanse. After reading the reviews, we were convinced that it was going to taste awful! We were pleasantly surprised. We mixed it with many things but found that pure fruit juice was the best for us. (mailnly pineapple. We now use the raw meal for breakfast every day. A smoothie with one scoop will hold both my husband and I through to lunch. Although weight loss was not our goal (allergies for me) My husband has lost 20 pounds in 2 months!! We both feel amazing. The combination of Raw Meal, working out and eating more vegetables has given me more energy and i sleep better at night. THUMBS UP!!!

Tastes so horrible! Garden Of Life Raw Meal Replacement.

Posted by Reviewer1926401 on Mar 04, 2010

Garden of Life is one of my favorite companies. However, this product has a taste so horrible--like soap, that you will regret the day it was ordered. I placed it in "isolation" in the garage refrigerator. I will use it for fertilizer in the spring. Ralph Smith

Outstanding Product

Posted by Reviewer1362480 on Oct 20, 2010

I have used this product every day for 7 months. I'm a runner, and I need top-quality nutrition. This is my standard breakfast. After long runs, I often also use it as a recovery drink. With all the nutrients and protein, it noticeably speeds up my recovery. The taste is not great, but definitely manageable. Overall, highly recommended!

BEST.THING.EVER

Posted by OrlyDumitrescu on Jul 12, 2012

OK, WOW. Just WOW. I can't stop praising this formula. I was never a breakfast person, but after starting to working out almost daily, and almost always in the morning I decided I have to start eating something light and small but never really followed my promise. I stumbled upon this product while browsing on Iherb and after reading all the good reviews decided to give it a try. The taste is not amazing but it's not that bad either and you totally get used to it. After 3 days of this stuff I started feeling amazing, more energized and just overall good and healthy and less tired. Before started drinking this stuff I usually got hungry at around 12pm and by the evening I was starving, now I get hungry only at around 1-2pm and I feel good and much less hungry at dinner. Buy this stuff. You'll thank me.

Nutritive, but needs improvement

Posted by Reviewer2239864 on Apr 15, 2011

Lots of nutrition, but does not blend well with liquids. The mixture is a little viscous and hard to swallow. There is room for improvement in the taste area also.

Watch out! The worst taste ever!

Posted by Reviewer1963889 on Jun 24, 2010

There is no way to describe the taste without using bad words... I almost vomited the first time I drank it. I do not see how this can be good for your health. No more Garden of Life products in the future. Nature's Plus is much better. I regret purchased this product and did not wish to return this back to I-herb even if I could.