Garden of Life Raw Meal Replacement - Chocolate

Posted by 4763393260179650095 on Oct 29, 2013

I have been using this product for a month now and still really like it. I have it for breakfast on the run and lunch if I don't have much time. From the reviews I read I thought this was going to taste really awful. I was pleasantly surprised, it was not nearly as bad as I envisioned. I drink it with rice milk and water and I find it is a bit gritty but i soon got used to it. One thing I learned which may be useful. Others have commented on how thick this becomes if left for very long. it is true it gets very gluggy and is more like eating a sludgy goo after a while. What I find that helps keep it liquid is cold, use cold rice milk and water, add ice when it is really warm and it stays thinner for much longer. I like the vanilla Flavor the best so far. Good luck, give it a try and I hope

Great product

Posted by 4924463179162373111 on Aug 26, 2013

Bought this to try after reading the good and bad reviews, after all, I wouldn't know until I try it. I could taste a hint of cacao, though personally, I feel it has a black sesame paste after taste. Also, it doesn't taste heavenly like many other brands I've tried. The colour did remind me of mud, true, like what the bad reviews said. However, since it says "RAW", I didn't expect it to taste like Billy Bomber's signature chocolate smoothie. If you decide to purchase this because of the nutrition this tub carries, I would say go for it!

Excellent product except...

Posted by 4892074776598691843 on Jun 11, 2016

I love the fact that it's organic, vegan and gluten-free. I can accept the texture, because it's real food, but the amount of stevia is real a real bummer. I know it's supposed to be much better, but I'd rather prefer something that's less sweet, than have that bitter stevia aftertaste. I've never liked stevia, but have been able to tolerate it in chocolate, since the chocolate's bitterness masks the stevia. I was hoping this would also be the case for this product. I'll buy this again, but I'm supplementing it with extra cocoa powder, to make it more palatable.

Good Product I guess

Posted by DimakisKonstant on Aug 25, 2016

On paper this is the best product I've ever seen. The thing is I didn't notice any serious boost(I noticed some though) to my energy levels(although I exhaust myself everyday with work and serious sleep deprivation). Taste is fine! I did take it only for 14 days... I'll buy this product again in the future. But right now I thought I would give an Organic Whey Protein + Raw One(by GoL) a shot to see if this combination suits my needs better. Product box was new and in excellent condition.

That taste though...

Posted by 5041894479884996614 on Oct 25, 2016

Ok so definitely good from the point of view of nutrition / energy levels / keeping regular.....but the taste of the product is just plain nasty....it's not 'delicious' as it suggests....it tastes like gritty dirt. My suggestion is to use capsules with it (or block your nose). =) =)

A complete meal, indeed

Posted by 5092086755272962821 on Apr 12, 2013

Good taste for me, an excellent vegan dinner or post-workout shake.

Good stuff, bad taste

Posted by 5530465711219065484 on Feb 19, 2014

This product is very good when you looked at the ingredient. However, the taste is far from good. I didn't taste the chocolate at all. I mixed this product with the total soy vanilla and the balance was perfect and it also made it cheaper. Overall I recommend based on the ingredient, but the taste is not that good when you don't mix it. Don't get me wrong, I am able to eat it straight (With water) but it's not my preferred way.

Not too bad

Posted by Reviewer2415888 on Mar 13, 2014

Healthy and good price but I want to give 3 star for Taste. anyway I'm satisfied with it .

Amazing MRP

Posted by vegannomadguide on Jul 14, 2014

Really good MRP, just look at those ingredients! This is an MRP (Meal replacement Powder) NOT a protein powder. Its expensive so I just use a half-scoop per serve with a dedicated protein powder. Even with a half scoop I can still feel the difference. Adds flavour to other bland proteins too. Its a little grainy, if in a shaker with water just keep stirring it so it doesn't settle.

no scoop

Posted by 5154428634998017932 on Aug 22, 2014

I dont know why i dont have scoop in my raw meal Taste is okay really sweet