• Customers in the U.S.: This product is highly perishable and is kept refrigerated to ensure maximum freshness. iHerb ships this product in an iced, insulated package in order to preserve potency while in transit. To ensure freshness, iHerb does not ship this product Thursday through Sunday.

International Customers: We cannot ship a product on ice internationally, therefore, we recommend that you purchase a Stabilized form as a substitute.

• Reviews | English

Middle of the road until they update their label

Posted by Reviewer2223543 on Jul 30, 2013

I have taken Garden of Life Probiotics over the years, starting with Primal Defense Ultra, then switching to RAW Probiotics Men 50 & Wiser when it came out, and just recently over to the newer one (RAW Ultimate Care). I feel they do a good job of helping to regulate the digestive system, but, I would *really* like to know what I'm taking in terms of probiotics. The label lists 32 strains at 85 billion CFU (colony forming units), but it is virtually useless as it does not break down the CFU count per strain. So, there really is no way to know how much of any one strain there is in the product, or how balanced it is. For EXAMPLE, the product COULD be, say, 95% Lactobacillus plantarum, with all the other strains making up less than 5% of each capsule. We have no way of knowing, as they don't say on the label. I am of the opinion that IN GENERAL, if supplements are well balanced and have meaningful amounts of ingredients, the manufacturer would WANT to make sure it is stated on the label. If it's NOT, then it means they are CONCEALING ingredient amounts. Still, the product does seem to be very helpful and I have been a user for at least the past 4-5 years. 5 stars if they change their labeling practices.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer3214520 on Oct 25, 2011

I bought this for my husband who is suffering from ulcerative colitis. Although I bought it mostly for the probiotics in it, it is good to see the vitamins and minerals. He is doing very well on this and says that his stomach is very settled.

Works!

Posted by Reviewer2740271 on May 11, 2013

I ended up on IV antibiotics for a 6 week term, and started taking 1 of these per day from the start of that. About 2 weeks in I forgot to take the probiotic for about 2 days, after which I developed extreme diarrhea. I took 2 caps the day I had those symptoms and the next day was back to normal. I wasn't certain these would have any real affect but I have become a believer. I have a couple of weeks to go and am taking 2 per day at this point with no issues. I would start slowly though, I used them for the first time before going onto the antibiotics and had some diarrhea that I attribute to my body growing accustomed to them.

Good for abdominal welfare

Posted by 4770467214609639823 on Aug 07, 2014

So is it!

VERY GOOD

Posted by 4923675645634167799 on Jun 20, 2015

Ordered wrong item, replaced quickly. Good service.

Nice Probiotics

Posted by chacho on Mar 08, 2011

I used them up in three weeks due to head cold.