| English
| USD ($)

Garden of Life, RAW Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, 22 oz (622 g)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Extremely High levels of Heavy metals found

Posted by Reviewer1642331 on Mar 11, 2014

Mike Adams of naturalnews . com conducted a series of lab tests and found that this product contains high levels of Tungsten and other heavy metals. You can find articles online if you google. I bought this product but it never just felt right to use it. I'm glad we didn't use it more than once, and I threw it in garbage after reading the lab results.

Tatses like ground chalk!!

Posted by Reviewer1517756 on Nov 14, 2010

GOL is an excellent line, but this Beyond Organic Protein Formula tastes like ground chalk with the grit to prove it. No question - this is horrible stuff! I do not care how "good" it says it is on the label.

Is this complete?

Posted by Reviewer3131261 on Jun 11, 2013

Is this complete protein? Why doesn't it mention anything about being complete, and where is the amino acid profile? I only figured out this after using it. Not all protein powders are the same. I found the Sun Warrior Blend provided much better results.

Watch out if you're sensitive/allergic to soy

Posted by Reviewer2359183 on Dec 28, 2014

I used to use this protein powder regularly to up my protein intake. That was also the time when I would get severe breakouts all over my face, particularly on my jaws. I did a lot of research and tried everything I could - keeping a diet journal recording everything that I ate, taking up elimination diets, stopping certain supplements, buying and switching all kinds of acne products, etc. - to no avail. All this time I was still using this protein powder almost on a daily basis because never did it once occur to me that this could be the culprit. It was through a painfully long and frustrating process that I finally got it figured out. As soon as I stopped using this protein powder, my breakouts also ebbed away. I was dumbfounded at first, then it all became clear when I found out that it actually contained fermented soy (natto). Just wanted to share my experience in case somebody out there is having similar issues!

Very healthy, but tastes terrible

Posted by Reviewer3333110 on May 23, 2011

This is a great protein supplement, but it tastes terrible. It comes through no matter what you make it with. I've tried fruit, juice, rice milk - they all make it worse. I've been very disappointed in the taste of Garden of Life products and it's a shame - because I think they are excellent quality.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »