Mild taste, versatile powder

Posted by Umbridge on Nov 04, 2012

This protein powder basically has no flavour, good or bad. I like that because it makes it very versatile. It has a thicker consistency, so makes for good flour, and also can be added to smoothies without changing the flavour or texture much (if at all).

healthy and good for you, tastes pretty bad

Posted by 4992735864030155608 on Sep 09, 2013

this protein poweder is really good for you, it has good stuff in it but to me personally tastes awful. I must make it into a smoothie with frozen fruits and water just to get it down. Using a straw helps too. I had the cacao one before and I think that one tastes worse, so I guess out of those 2 this one tastes slightly tiny bit better, but still not good haha. But I have gotten used to the taste and I can get it down with my smoothies so I will keep doing it just cause of the benefits of this good for you raw protein powder.

Great and healthy raw protein

Posted by 5729890510406560349 on Apr 01, 2016

I like that this protein supplement contains Probiotic. It's healthy and the taste is acceptable to me. Love it.

Works great...

Posted by Reviewer2977054 on Jul 19, 2011

Have used this now for about 1 year and it seems to work very well for me. I love that it's non-dairy and that the flavor is bland enough that it can be flavored nicely with berries/bananas, etc...

Not as bad as some say

Posted by brobin on Jul 03, 2012

Pleasant and tolerable flavour. "Chalkiness" can be alleviated by mixing than letting stand for a few minutes before drinking. This product was cleared by the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service.

Review

Posted by Reviewer1247416 on Jul 07, 2011

My favorite vegan protein thus far.. I can't have soy or weat/gluten, and the only thing I would change is make it taste better or vanilla flavored :) but other than that, it is a good amount of protein that is basically 100% allergen free.

So healthy... But the taste?

Posted by 4631829389114583744 on Dec 08, 2013

Please only buy this if you can stomach cardboard-y tastes. This formula is unsweetened, so I'd advise adding stevia and mix with just water. It will not taste too good in smoothies. It also has a very grainy texture. I have no doubts that this is very healthy and contains a ton of protein with so little calories. It's also a pretty good value. If you're vegan and only want to supplement protein to your diet, I'd recommend this, but if you want something to amp up smoothies or oats, etc. I'd go with a brand like Vega, even if its a bit more expensive. It definitely has some strong pros and cons... I will keep it but probably just splurge on another vegan protein next time.

Good

Posted by GrEaSeLiTeNiN on Mar 04, 2014

This product is similar to Garden of Life Super Seed except that it has other stuff like chlorella and tocopherols. So you may not want to buy Super Seed and Raw Protein together because there's quite a bit of overlapping in terms of ingredients. But nutritionally, Raw Protein has more protein and also comes with vitamins A, D, E and K, according to the labels. When added to water, this Raw Protein powder (non-flavoured version) mixes quite well. The colour looks like tea with milk and the taste is a little grainy. Dr Mercola's Pure Power (Whey) Protein tastes better in my opinion. But if you are looking for a good non-animal based protein, this is an excellent choice if you aren't too particular with taste. One thing Garden of Life products could improve on is the plastic wrapper (label) that goes around their containers. It's not glued on so it keeps slipping when you try to turn the top cover. You have to hold it firmly with the base of the container on your palm to get a good grip.

NOt bad

Posted by Reviewer2503621 on Oct 12, 2014

COuld have more protein and taste is average but healthy product and easy to disguise taste with fruits in smoothie. Good Quality.

Incredible ingredients

Posted by 5526098898894772752 on Sep 08, 2012

Great quality and taste is decent when blended with fruit and yogurt or peanut butter.