Garden of Life, RAW Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, 22 oz (622 g)

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1475133 From California on Mar 05, 2010

I love the way I feel after drinking this. I blend it with a tablespoon of Flaxseed oil, and a piece of fruit to amp up the bland flavor. I like it better than whey, even though the Raw Protein texture is a bit more pasty. You will definitely feel an energy shift when switching off from whey protein.

Get over the taste

Posted by Reviewer3145442 From Illinois on Nov 14, 2010

The reason that the people in this country are sick & dying is because we've allowed taste & price to guide our eating behaviors for the past 50 years. This is a product of the Earth, thus the very earthy taste. I would say that it tastes like basic white flour. I mix 2 scoops (~40grams protein) in a 32 ounce mason jar with 12-16 ounces mixed berries & 8-10 ounces organic apple juice. To me it tastes pleasant but not overly delicious. That said, you didn't buy/try this powder for it's taste. You did so because it's a superfood source of protein which will not only fuel, but cleanse your body. Think of certain foods/supplements the way you do exercise...not always pleasant while you're doing it, but the benefits well worth it.

I love everything about this, I now crave it & will try the meal too

Posted by Reviewer1494359 From California on Jan 19, 2011

I was worried about the taste, but I love this. Taste great with FF organic plain soy milk or FF organic cow milk( if you need too) or smoothies. In a blender mixes well in smoothies. In a shaker, it's very foamy & does not mix well. In a large cup, I use a bar whisk, stir 2 scoops RAW slowly w/ 1 cup milk or else powder spills out & once it's mixed ( thick ) add 1/2 cup milk. This is the only way I could mix it in w/o the foam & needing a straw. With a spoon it didn't mix well. If I had to say anything negative about this, I don't quite enjoy the taste as much mixed in water only, so the added calories & cost is a bummer, but I'm working on acquiring a taste for it w/ just water. I should have started w/ water instead of spoiling myself w/ the milk.

Love this product!

Posted by Reviewer1229007 From Canada on Mar 10, 2010

Looks to be a superb entry into the Vegan protein category. For those of us that would like the benefits of sprouted proteins without having to do all the sprouting ourselves. I love the smooth silky texture of this. Blends in nicely into my fruit smoothy after workouts.

Great raw protein powder!

Posted by Reviewer2515804 From South Carolina on Mar 03, 2010

I bought this to up my protein intake. It mixes very well in smoothies and digests well. I liked this raw protein powder better than the one from Sun Warrior which was very noticeable in my smoothies.