High levels of toxic heavy metal

Posted by barbyh on May 13, 2014

Dr. Oz just did a show about protein powders and which ones had the highest levels of toxic heavy metals. This one in particular tested very high. Although I do like this one, I just threw it away because who wants more poison in their body. If you want to see the results of all the protein powders you can find it at doctoroz.com, or you can go to naturalnews.com The Vanilla regular one tested better, but not by much. I'm going to switch brands now.

Much better with Stevia!

Posted by 4621497687539296944 on Sep 17, 2013

Today is my second day with the Garden of Life RAW Protein vanilla spiced chai powder. I bought this product without any reviews being available instead of buying the chocolate flavoured where the reviews came back consistently commenting on the chalky taste. I haven't tried the chocolate but I notice a trend, as the vanilla has a chalky taste too. I drink it with almond milk. Today was significantly better after adding some Stevia. It adds to the sweetness of the vanilla chai instead of it being chalk first vanilla chai sort of second. Drinking it yesterday definitely helped keep any mid-morning food hunger away though, so yay for that! :)

great breakfast

Posted by sconley on Nov 07, 2013

My husband and I drink this in the mornings. We live in Korea where it is hard to come by some of the vegan protein staples we are used to (besides tofu). So it's just a a little extra something, not used for exercising or anything specific. Yes, this has a chalky taste, but that wasn't surprising. However, I will give it 4 instead of 5 stars for that because I'm waiting for the day when that isn't normal- wishing on a star I'm sure! All that being said, I love the flavor. It is great in soy or almond milk and in a shake. We will definitely reorder.

Taste really bad

Posted by 5444875373822267417 on Nov 15, 2013

I know it's good for my body since it's raw protein and all but the taste is just bad. I can't seem to get rid of this bad taste. I tried milk, stevia, banana, chocolate powder, cinnamon powder and even mixing it up with herbal life cookie and cream powder and nothing works. I don't how I'm gonna consume all of that.

Great for smoothies!

Posted by 4657564105170811244 on Feb 09, 2014

I have been getting this same protein powder for over a year now, and I love it. It's not as tasty as other protein powders I've tried, but when I mix it with my smoothies or oatmeal, it tastes alright. This is the healthiest protein I have found thus far, and it doesn't upset my touchy stomach.

Raw protein

Posted by 5176535249812368489 on Sep 04, 2013

I bought this taste and the original, this one is better to drink haha

Tastes like dirt

Posted by Reviewer2523048 on Oct 25, 2013

In my smoothies, compared to whey, this powder mucks them up and tastes like dirt.

Great formula

Posted by Naturopath on Oct 05, 2013

Chai is my favourite flavour.

This product is very good!

Posted by 5366855111704301016 on Apr 18, 2014

It not only tasted pretty good but at the same time it is the only protein formula that I have found that has L-Alanine an amino acid that helps prevent muscle fatigue, and when I quite taking this product I did notice it. I liked it but I just don't like Chai, not my bag.

Gritty but works

Posted by Suziesue on Apr 27, 2014

I add this to al f my smoothies. I had to reduce the serving size because it made the consistency too gritty for my tastes, however the flavour is pretty good and certainly keeps me full until lunch.