July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Garden of Life, Raw Meal, Beyond Organic Meal Replacement Formula, Vanilla, 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)

Reviews 1-star

Terrible, thick, icky mess!

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on May 22, 2014

I wish I'd ignored the overwhelming positive reviews for this product, and I'm writing because my experience was so unusually bad. So much for my Raw Meal - make that a Raw Deal. Suffice to say that even with a large blender bottle and plenty of liquid (almond milk and water), the resulting "shake" is an unctuous, too-thick, gloppy gray mess that I had to try to choke down. Even if the taste were good (this is far from a non-dairy vanilla "milkshake" experience), the consistency would still be its biggest problem. The expression "Gag me with a spoon!" kept popping into my mind as I attempted my last swallow. A whole canister wasted - I'm going to try to make snack bars or protein balls out of the remaining powder. I can't imagine why other people like this product, other than the nutritive value. It is simply an awful meal replacement shake if you're looking for pleasant taste and consistency. By the way, I haven't reviewed anything on iHerb in quite a while, since I've been unimpressed with some people's attempts to get us to click on their links, etc. This reviewing feature on the site should be for honest feedback only, where we help each other out as consumers. Thanks to those of you who respect this.