Garden of Life, Raw Meal, Organic Meal Replacement, Vanilla, 33.5 oz (949 g)

life changing

Posted by Reviewer1692388 on Mar 27, 2013

I started using this in a high protein shake for my sons breakfast, and the difference in his attitude and work is amazing. Not sure if it's the protein or high nutrition, but i am sold!

Okay

Posted by 5745211695320728391 on Oct 09, 2012

2 scoops is a huge amount of powder. I have to take one scoop and then another later on. The taste is sweet and a nice vanilla but the texture is pretty gritty. Once it is shaken drink it as fast as possible. Since this is plant protein if it gets left to be drunk over 10 minutes it turns in to a glue like goopy thick mess and the taste ofdried pea and musty plants come out. It's plant protein so you cannot expect the smoothness from a whey shake.

Absolutely love it!

Posted by Reviewer1536148 on Apr 15, 2013

I love this! I add it to my morning and night smoothies with all my other supplements. I totally recommend you give it a try. Yum! :)

Saved me so much money

Posted by Reviewer2532046 on Dec 02, 2012

I was always so hungry all the time. Now I drink my breakfast mixing this product with almond milk and feel fine until lunch. It's only 310 calories per serving. Sometimes I drink one for dinner and feel great as well. After a few weeks of taking this and NewChapter CoffeeBerry tablets, I have no cravings and am losing weight with no exercise (albeit slowly).

Terrible, thick, icky mess!

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on May 22, 2014

I wish I'd ignored the overwhelming positive reviews for this product, and I'm writing because my experience was so unusually bad. So much for my Raw Meal - make that a Raw Deal. Suffice to say that even with a large blender bottle and plenty of liquid (almond milk and water), the resulting "shake" is an unctuous, too-thick, gloppy gray mess that I had to try to choke down. Even if the taste were good (this is far from a non-dairy vanilla "milkshake" experience), the consistency would still be its biggest problem. The expression "Gag me with a spoon!" kept popping into my mind as I attempted my last swallow. A whole canister wasted - I'm going to try to make snack bars or protein balls out of the remaining powder. I can't imagine why other people like this product, other than the nutritive value. It is simply an awful meal replacement shake if you're looking for pleasant taste and consistency. By the way, I haven't reviewed anything on iHerb in quite a while, since I've been unimpressed with some people's attempts to get us to click on their links, etc. This reviewing feature on the site should be for honest feedback only, where we help each other out as consumers. Thanks to those of you who respect this.