Raw Meal Organic Meal Replacement (Vanilla)

Posted by 5414930795653210700 on Sep 03, 2013

This meal replacement really helps in keeping me full and it goes best with Pacific brand rice milk. I've tried water, almond milk and low fat milk - it turns gooey really fast with water and almond milk, which makes it a torture to swallow it down :( With rice milk, the mixture remains quite watery, so its enjoyable!

Very Healthy!

Posted by 4722062250908764837 on Jun 25, 2013

Very healthy but it is not really tasty.

Terrible, thick, icky mess!

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on May 22, 2014

I wish I'd ignored the overwhelming positive reviews for this product, and I'm writing because my experience was so unusually bad. So much for my Raw Meal - make that a Raw Deal. Suffice to say that even with a large blender bottle and plenty of liquid (almond milk and water), the resulting "shake" is an unctuous, too-thick, gloppy gray mess that I had to try to choke down. Even if the taste were good (this is far from a non-dairy vanilla "milkshake" experience), the consistency would still be its biggest problem. The expression "Gag me with a spoon!" kept popping into my mind as I attempted my last swallow. A whole canister wasted - I'm going to try to make snack bars or protein balls out of the remaining powder. I can't imagine why other people like this product, other than the nutritive value. It is simply an awful meal replacement shake if you're looking for pleasant taste and consistency. By the way, I haven't reviewed anything on iHerb in quite a while, since I've been unimpressed with some people's attempts to get us to click on their links, etc. This reviewing feature on the site should be for honest feedback only, where we help each other out as consumers. Thanks to those of you who respect this.

Good.

Posted by azronis on Oct 02, 2013

I bought this for my dad, he is drinking it in the morning instead of having breakfast. It helps him to satisfy hunger while it provides energy and vitamins. I think it is good choice for all who are trying to lose weight, but only if you are using it in addition to complete change of eating habits and the way of life. This product is not a miracle and it will not miraculously melt your kgs, but it is great product when you are using it as a part of balanced diet. Also, it is good value for money.

Amazing!

Posted by 5633935010445557718 on Jul 20, 2013

My pancreas, liver and stomach are very happy. My hair is growing faster, my skin bacame like velvet. Truely, miracle shake. I eat it by blending with fruits: melon, strawberris, bananas... whatever you like.

Garden of Life Raw Meal Replacement - vanilla

Posted by 4763393260179650095 on Oct 29, 2013

I have been using this product for a month now and still really like it. I have it for breakfast on the run and lunch if I don't have much time. From the reviews I read I thought this was going to taste really awful. I was pleasantly surprised, it was not nearly as bad as I envisioned. I drink it with rice milk and water and I find it is a bit gritty but i soon got used to it. One thing I learned which may be useful. Others have commented on how thick this becomes if left for very long. it is true it gets very gluggy and is more like eating a sludgy goo after a while. What I find that helps keep it liquid is cold, use cold rice milk and water, add ice when it is really warm and it stays thinner for much longer. I like the vanilla the best so far. Good luck, give it a try and I hope you enjoy this product.

Gloopy

Posted by Reviewer1074912 on Feb 11, 2014

If you don't drink it fast it turns into pudding. Not pleasant. If you are mixing with water or soy milk make sure to use half they recommend or you won't be able to drink it, you'll have to eat it with a spoon! I won't be buying it again.

raw meal

Posted by Reviewer1398647 on Nov 07, 2012

the taste was okay but it turns into goo very quickly. became very undrinkable.

taste terrible

Posted by jacksiow on May 17, 2014

The taste is quite unpleasant. It took me quite some time to get the stuff down my esophagus.

love it

Posted by 5574511561781951182 on Jul 25, 2013

use this everyday for breakfast.. the best way to start any day. I only use half the powder that is on the directions.. and it is thick. I mix it with almond milk and throw in an ice cube or two and blend in my blender.. drink quickly because it thickens. Amazing product.. fell wonderful and will feel full and satisfied for hours and hours