Garden of Life, Raw Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, Chocolate Cacao, 23 oz (650 g)

Reviews 3-star

Great price, great formula - tastes awful

Posted by Reviewer1869409 on Mar 07, 2013

I usually use Vega powder but I was looking for a cheaper alternative. Garden of Life's ingredients looked similar and I was drawn by the raw aspect too—but unfortunately on its own mixed with water (as I always took Vega and whey-based proteins before), this stuff tastes vile. Chalky and the chocolate flavor is barely noticeable. I guess I'll have to use this for smoothies or baking and order Vega instead!

Not half as good as I hoped

Posted by Reviewer2894417 on Jul 09, 2013

I ordered this because it's a raw protein powder. However, when it comes to taste I am really disapointed. It does not really have a chocolate flavor. I have to add cacao to make it more tastefull. It also does not mix as well as other products. Will not order again.

eh

Posted by Reviewer1006269 on Aug 13, 2013

I sure hope this is extra nutritious because it is very grainy, doesn't mix well, and has no chocolate taste.

Better in cooking than smoothies

Posted by 4857120927890854116 on Oct 22, 2013

Not the best of protein powders I've tried, better in cooking than smoothies as it had a very powdery taste.