Great protein powder!

Posted by nattfisk on Aug 10, 2012

I just ran out of my usual protein powder, and decided to give this raw protein from Garden of Life a shot. Ordered it with chocolate flavor so that my husband could try it as as well. So far I'm VERY happy with the quality, the taste and the incredible boost this product gives me. After lifting heavy weights and living on a vegan diet, but without protein powder, my body didn't heal as fast as normal. Just two days after I started taking this together with my usual post-workout smoothie, I noticed that my muscles healed quicker and that I could lift heavier weights at the gym. The only negative I have to say is that I wish that there was chocolate flavor was even more chocolaty. I love cacao, so I add an extra tablespoon of pure cacao powder to my smoothies. My post-workout smoothie that really does the trick consist of 1/2 banana, 1/2 avocado, handful of fresh sprouts, handful of fresh spinach, 1 ts bee pollen, 1 ts flax seeds, 1 ts glutamine, 1 scoop Garden of Life protein powder, 1 tbs of cacao powder and two handful of frozen berries and 1/2 cup of rice milk or juice.

I like it!

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012

Tastes great. I mix this into a glass of milk and it can be a little grainy. Would be better in a smoothie. Has lots of great ingredients so it feels good to drink it.

Another good, safe protein

Posted by DoctorMav on Jan 03, 2013

I prefer this to Garden of Life's unflavoured version.

BEST BEST BEST!!!!

Posted by sweetheart on Jan 18, 2013

This product is simply AMAZING! It seemed a little expensive at first but when compared to other brands this product is SO MUCH BETTER! It contains so many more good ingredients than the others and it's ORGANIC unlike most others. And it doesn't have ANY fillers! The taste is good compared to most other protein powders. It mixes VERY well: No need to use shaker when mixing with water (I haven't tried to mix with juice or milk so I don't know if they mix as well as water). Consistence is very thin and water-like because it doesn't contain gel-forming ingredients like pectin or xanthan (which I think is a good thing, of course). I highly recommend this product. I just love this brand: everything they make seem to be really good quality. They are a bit more expensive than average products but they are absolutely worth it! The price-quality-ratio is excellent in this brand!

Garden of Life, Raw Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, Chocolate Cacao, 23 oz (650 g)

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Jul 23, 2013

Add skimmed milk, not water. Skimmed milk makes it thicker and taste is better. My family is not stevia lovers, but with each day taste becomes more and more tolerable. Quality is amazing, because of these adds. Helps for muscle cramps! Contributes to bigger muscles more than others. Feed me more!

Good quality

Posted by christinelux on Feb 08, 2014

Delicious vegan protein. Would buy again. Although it's important to not that this is not sweetened in any way, adding a bit of stevia is probably reccomended.

Great Tasting

Posted by 5604636867562509853 on Sep 28, 2013

This will be my preferred powder from now on. Much better tasting than the natural.

Love this protein!

Posted by 4978402483815235476 on Oct 31, 2013

Absolutely love this as a post workout protein!

Best breakfast

Posted by 5318591792145200117 on Dec 05, 2013

mix a scoop with almond or hemp or oat milk and a banana after daily workout + add frozen blueberries to make it extra cold and healthy. Absolutely delicious. I also add a spoonfull of frozen bee pollen sometimes when I feel a little tired.

Superior quality

Posted by Reviewer1384755 on Jan 01, 2014

Tried many, but still return to this one. Not crazy about the taste (I call it chocolate flavored chalk), but for what it does to your body - it is unbeatable. Especially for a vegetarian. I normally take it mixed with water only at the gym followed by a good gulp of pure water. People who mix it with the juice or milk do not complain about the taste.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »