Garden of Life, Vitamin Code, Raw Prenatal, 180 Veggie Caps

most bioavailable on the market

Posted by 5182095526559631320 on Feb 26, 2013

I'm 10 weeks, and I have been taking these to "get ready" since six months before we started trying (we conceived immediately). This is one of the only vitamins with folate, versus the synthetic folic acid, and it also includes plenty of vitamin K. I also take their calcium supplement, since I'm in my first trimester.

Great prenatal supplement

Posted by ritavaags on Jun 12, 2012

These were not hard on my tummy and I did not feel as tired as I did with my other pregnancies (despite having five other children). It was hugely reassuring to know I was getting my baby's need for folic acid, DHA and other essential nutrients to his/her development.

Garden of Life RAW Prenatal

Posted by OrganicMommy on Apr 20, 2012

I have been taking these my entire pregnancy. They got the seal of approval from my naturopath, who is also an MD.

WHOLEFOOD solution to deficiencies common among pregnant women

Posted by MORE-REVIEWS-FOR-YOU on Nov 13, 2014

Certain deficiencies are common among pregnant women. For example, (1) Vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency in pregnant women is now being referred to as an " ongoing epidemic." It's not just bones that we're talking about. Vitamin D deficiencies in the mother's diet can have a significant impact on asthma and immune system problems as well. A separate vitamin D supplementation (Product: DRB-00250) is recommended. (2) Vitamin A. Animal studies show that vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy has produced newborn animals with no eyes, eye defects, cleft palates, kidney problems, undescended testes, and diaphragmatic hernias —to name just some of the problems. Beta-carotene is a vitamin A precursor and is perfectly safe. Make sure you use naturally sourced beta-carotene (Garden of Life), not the synthetic kind made from acetylene gas that's used in most supplements. (3) Folic Acid. Folic acid can prevent spina bifida in babies. As always, I recommend a whole-food supplement (Garden of Life).

Excellent prenatal

Posted by Erinizzy on Aug 01, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this product!! Wholefood sourced and full of all the goodies you could need, at good levels as well. I'm a naturopath and nutritionist, and recommend this to all my pregnant/TTC clients (as well as take it myself). Fantastic multi-vitamin.