Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This product is one of the best raw calcium formulas. It contains significant amount of minerals needed to build a strong bone. Note that while bone consists of mostly calcium, taking calcium alone will not make it stronger without the other minerals or trace minerals. Surprisingly, it also contains high amount of raw magnesium in this product since standalone food based magnesium are expensive and low in mg. The ratio of calcium to magnesium here is 2:1 though ideally 1:1 is better. I like that this formula is vegan, highly bioavailable food based/raw and are not derived from limestone (calcium carbonate) or animal bones. Most non food based calcium has only 10-40% absorption and some people might have the strong stomach acid needed to digest it. There is significant amount of Vitamin D (1600 IU) though you might want to take more if you aren’t taking it. The recommended dosage is 5 capsules. Pricewise, it is quite expensive. However, you are already facing bone problems, then it will be life saving. If not, 3 capsules daily are probably good enough for maintenance and less costly as well. The capsules are not big and easy to swallow. It does not contain any filler, flow agent or binders which is good! Another thing to note is that it contains 20mg of 21 raw organic fruit & vegetarian blends which is less than 1mg per fruit/vegetable. If there are any macronutrients in there, it is probably insignificant imo. Check out my page for more reviews!

betterbones

Posted by Reviewer1124408 on Nov 23, 2012

I have taken this raw calcium with strontium for over 2 years; had excellent bone density results; actually rebuilt bone. The only problem was (and note I said WAS) loose stools; I now take calcium powder out of capsules, mix with applesauce, yogurt, etc. and no more problem! The capsule itself was the problem. Anyone having digestive problems might try that before giving up on it. Great product!

Whole food calcium

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 26, 2012

Easy to swallow with their veggie caps, great extra minerals and vitamins to increase calcium absorption. Decent ratio of Ca to Mg. (New Chapter's version is slow in Mg.) Most importantly, great source and form of calcium that will not cause the harm the less absorptive forms can in contributing to heart trouble, kidney stones and the such. Choosing your calcium supplements very carefully is very important to your long-term health. This and New chapter are the two brands of Ca I trust. Many will do more harm than good. Stay away from Calcium Carbonate.

Raw Calcium

Posted by Reviewer2269999 on Jun 30, 2010

I have always experienced low back ache the first few days of my monthly cycle. This product gets totally rid of my low back ache! Something I did not even expect. My blood levels have been low on calcium in the past. I have tried other calcium supplements, even calcium citrate tends to give me chest pain. I do not experience this with raw calcium from GOL. I have to admit I was leary about taking this, but now I am glad I tried it! It has made me almost forget I am having my monthly because there is no back pain!

A truly awesome calcium!

Posted by Reviewer1166875 on Oct 19, 2010

I've been using Garden of Life Living Calcium for several years and it's been working for me....until recently (I'm post menopausal). I noticed my nails starting to break and I thought I needed to add something else to my regime. I started on this calcium, 5 a day, but I started having trouble sleeping. I added 3 a day of this raw calcium in the morning plus 5 a day of Living Calcium the rest of the day (2 with lunch and 3 with dinner) and, voila, my nails grew back strong and healthy and I slept like a baby again...yeah!!!

Best calcium I've found so far

Posted by Reviewer2219064 on Nov 16, 2010

The ingredients say it all. This is a wonderful calcium product.

Bone Health

Posted by adechamplain on Jun 29, 2010

I recently started using these as I'm on a close to 100% raw vegan diet and wanted to make sure I was having all the calcium I needed. Another plus of this supplement is that it includes a full dose of Vitamin D, thereby combining important minerals and vitamins that work well together.

good

Posted by Reviewer2840390 on Dec 20, 2011

believe garden of life is a good product like that you can empty capsules into a drink

Best calcium

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Sep 17, 2011

Raw calcium combined with calcium advancec from the same brand work well together and can be taken on an empty stomach. Does not aggravate Crohn's disease like most liquid calcium supplements. I sleep like a baby since I started taking these two products.

best calcium

Posted by Reviewer1396338 on May 07, 2010

I like these because you don't have to take them with food,(but I do anyway) and they raised the calcium on my blood test (so I figure they work). Also, they don't have the fillers and junk regular pills do, and they are GF. The draw backs are the cost, and the fact that you have to take five a day. I have to take over 40 supplement pills a day so less is more in my world.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »