Giovanni, D:tox System, Purifying Body Bar, Step 1, 5 oz (141 g)

Not Good for MCS

Posted by Reviewer2188962 on Apr 21, 2012

I have pretty severe MCS, though I can tolerate and enjoy most pure essential oils. This soap leaves an indelible, terribly strong scent that won't come off my skin, even after scrubbing with lemon and alcohol. This is a characteristic of synthetic fragrance, not pure essential oil. I intend to phone the company to investigate, as, similar to Mrs Meyer's Clean Day products, I have a feeling they snuck some bad stuff in there. Avoid this if you cannot tolerate strong, clingy, impossible-to-remove fragrance. Thank heaven I tried it on just my hands first!

dubious

Posted by Reviewer1827451 on Jul 10, 2013

it does have a sharp synthetic smell. i wouldn't recommend it for daily use due to the fact that it pulls out essential minerals and nutrients from the skin. this is the main reason i stopped using it although it is a convenient quickie detox of sorts. remineralizing by adding some kelp directly to the skin or a bath afterwards would mitigate some of the aforementioned effects. charcoal is a major adsorbent of iodine, which the skin and entire body uses for radioprotection, thyroid function, hormone receptor function just to mention a few.

long lasting

Posted by Reviewer2995927 on Oct 15, 2009

I love Giovanni products. I can't afford them in the store so I stock up from iherb instead. It lasts a long time too. I have had it over two weeks and didn't shrink much in size. I use the Purifying Body Wash too. I use it as a shampoo and my hair is fantastically soft.

WOW!!!

Posted by Reviewer3106204 on Jan 16, 2010

This soap is amazing. I have always liked Giovanni Soaps because their ingredients are safe and their fragrances are unmatched. This is a very pretty black bar of soap. It contains volcano ash for detoxing, which contributes to its color. The fragrance is subtle, yet lovely. It produces rich lather. I will buy this again and again.

Most favorable soap....wonderful !

Posted by Reviewer1898625 on Sep 25, 2011

I m soap lover & hv tried so many brands before...this is still my favourite as I love its smell, very refreshing...not drying as others.