Not Good for MCS

Posted by Reviewer2188962 on Apr 21, 2012

I have pretty severe MCS, though I can tolerate and enjoy most pure essential oils. This soap leaves an indelible, terribly strong scent that won't come off my skin, even after scrubbing with lemon and alcohol. This is a characteristic of synthetic fragrance, not pure essential oil. I intend to phone the company to investigate, as, similar to Mrs Meyer's Clean Day products, I have a feeling they snuck some bad stuff in there. Avoid this if you cannot tolerate strong, clingy, impossible-to-remove fragrance. Thank heaven I tried it on just my hands first!

dubious

Posted by Reviewer1827451 on Jul 10, 2013

it does have a sharp synthetic smell. i wouldn't recommend it for daily use due to the fact that it pulls out essential minerals and nutrients from the skin. this is the main reason i stopped using it although it is a convenient quickie detox of sorts. remineralizing by adding some kelp directly to the skin or a bath afterwards would mitigate some of the aforementioned effects. charcoal is a major adsorbent of iodine, which the skin and entire body uses for radioprotection, thyroid function, hormone receptor function just to mention a few.

WOW!!!

Posted by Reviewer3106204 on Jan 16, 2010

This soap is amazing. I have always liked Giovanni Soaps because their ingredients are safe and their fragrances are unmatched. This is a very pretty black bar of soap. It contains volcano ash for detoxing, which contributes to its color. The fragrance is subtle, yet lovely. It produces rich lather. I will buy this again and again.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1064698 on Sep 26, 2011

I love this body bar! Cleans without drying. Great light, fresh scent and good lather. Has helped to improve my "gluten rash" on my arms and back. Will buy again!

Super!

Posted by vafa33 on Oct 10, 2014

Maybe this soap haven`t adorable scent but it is super economic soap ever ( not easy melting)

long lasting

Posted by Reviewer2995927 on Oct 15, 2009

I love Giovanni products. I can't afford them in the store so I stock up from iherb instead. It lasts a long time too. I have had it over two weeks and didn't shrink much in size. I use the Purifying Body Wash too. I use it as a shampoo and my hair is fantastically soft.

An ok soap

Posted by Babycakes on Dec 03, 2015

I didn't really like the smell - too synthetic and it sticks to the skin and follows you like a cloud. Not moisturizing enough and my skin felt irritated afterwards. Boyfriend liked the soap though, but he is not picky and likes all soaps equally...

Most favorable soap....wonderful !

Posted by Reviewer1898625 on Sep 25, 2011

I m soap lover & hv tried so many brands before...this is still my favourite as I love its smell, very refreshing...not drying as others.

Leaves Black Marks in Shower

Posted by Reviewer3223005 on Dec 12, 2011

There is nothing special about this bar aside from it being black and staining your shower.

Amazing

Posted by pirlanta on Apr 09, 2012

This soap has amazing smell and it's wonderful! I use it for all my body and sometimes on face too.