• Reviews | English

Extremely salty, toasted taste & very filling

Posted by PurplePegasus on Dec 04, 2012

I'm downgrading from 4 stars to 1: I just can't eat these. The burnt taste is overpowering. My original review: These are extremely salty, incredibly so. It's good for me since I have hyponatremia, but you might be very shocked by the high level of sodium in your taste buds. They also taste very roasted, a bit burnt, which leads me to wonder how can these be raw. I know they label raw stuff that has been heated no higher than a certain temp (?) which to me defeats the purpose of raw, so I have no idea if these are really raw. They certainly don't taste it: they're crunchy but do not hurt my sensitive teeth. As for sprouted, well I haven't found a single sprout yet, and I've looked! I find they fill me very fast due probably the high levels of fiber and nutrients, but also because of the saltiness and burnt taste, I can't really eat as many as regular seeds when before I know it, half a bag is gone. After a while, my tongue burns. To me, the roasted taste is just not very appealing but will eat them for the nutrients. And that's why I give them such high marks, and for using real Celtic sea salt. If I had to grade these on taste only, it would probably be one star. Not sure if I'll purchase again. I prefer pistachios but iHerb doesn't carry them raw.

Love 'em!

Posted by juliaheis on Nov 08, 2011

I love these already soaked and dehydrated raw pumpkin seeds! Nuts and seeds should generally be soaked/sprouted before consuming, as this makes them easier to digest and eliminates phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors. These are delicious with just the perfect amount of unrefined salt!

Love em!

Posted by owlsrwise on Dec 23, 2011

IU love these Organic Sprouted Pumpkin seeds. I will never eat a different brand or kind. You get maximum nutrition from these and they taste wonderful. Pleasae keep bringing us good, organic products.

Deceptive-Product Grown in China

Posted by Reviewer2069530 on Sep 15, 2016

I was alerted through another review (of Go Raw Simple Seed Mix -which i have purchased many times) that the reviewer had read the product was grown in China. What?! So I went ahead and called the company directly in an attempt to verify. I'm sorry to say it's true. I have purchased these Pumpkin Seeds many times as well, and I'm disappointed to find they're grown there. Go Raw actually buys these from a company in CA, who gets them from a US owned company in China. With all the contamination problems, pollution, cost cutting, etc over there it's hard to feel confident about what you're eating, well anywhere really, but especially there. The woman I was speaking with at the company says they're not trying to hide the fact they're from China. I said it seems like it because it's no where on your website or other sites Go Raw sells on. When I expressed my disappointment and that I wouldn't be purchasing from them any longer, her reply couldn't have been more chipper! Huh?!

Keith's thoughts

Posted by Reviewer1580589 on Apr 24, 2012

I prefer these sprouted seeds over any others. They are both delicious and very healthy. I love to experiment and so I discovered a fantastic way to use these seeds! I bought a small coffee grinder and I ground these pumpkin seeds to a fine consistency and put them into an empty onion powder bottle and then I sprinkle them on top of different food dishes! So good!

Tasty, Crunchy, and Good for You

Posted by VitalityVee on Feb 18, 2015

Pumpkin seeds with just the right amount of salt to bring out the nutty flavor. Great over smoothies and salads. Good that it is sprouted also and so less of the anti-nutrients.

Great grain free or gluten free healthy snack

Posted by Reviewer2385599 on Apr 30, 2012

These are great on salads or just when you are craving a snack and want to eat healthy..I am grain and gluten intolerant so these are handy to take on trips or have so I don't eat something that will make me sick later

Taste great although it is too salty

Posted by 5411276201434793025 on May 03, 2015

A great product although I find it too salty.

yummy!

Posted by Reviewer1963165 on Nov 16, 2011

these are great! and i love that they are sprouted - more enzymes and no substances that interfere with digestion when sprouted

Taste great but it is too salty

Posted by 5736286184281416762 on May 29, 2015