Formula Changed...No Good Anymore

Posted by 4851307040044085638 on Sep 07, 2015

I have purchased this product in the past and loved it. Everyone would always say how good it smells. Our house would even smell nice after using it in the washer. Loved it. I just purchased it and to my surprise it is completely different. The packaging is different, which is not a problem, but the smell is completely different. It used to smell very nice and natural before. Now it smells like chlorine, literally. It has a very chemical-like smell now. How can that be natural? And how can iHerb display a photo of the old bag, while shipping something completely different? After comparing the old bag with the new one, I see that the ingredients have changed. Also, the old bag said "I'm GMO free!" The new bag does not say GMO free anywhere. From what I can see, the following ingredients have been added to the new formula: - sodium bicarbonate - sodium chloride - sodium metasilicate - tetraacetylethylenediamine - sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate - citric acid - protease enzyme blend (subtilisin) - lipase enzyme blend Whatever the change, it has made it smell like chemicals, obviously the opposite of what you'd want from a natural detergent. Why the change? And why the old photo, iHerb? Very misleading. Very disappointed with iHerb.

Not Very Impressive

Posted by HawaiianViking on Feb 22, 2013

Vetiver is one of my favorite scents and so I was excited to find this "Vetiver"-scented laundry detergent. Upon opening the bag, the product doesn't smell much like Vetiver, and when taking my laundry from the dryer, there's no scent whatsoever. Moreover, this detergent wasn't even so great at cleaning my laundry. I'll finish off the bag of this product that I purchased, but I won't re-order it. In the future I'll return to my usual laundry detergent and I'll go back to adding a small amount of Vetiver essential oil to my laundry's rinse cycle.

Very good natural smell, removes stains, economical

Posted by Reviewer2781522 on Oct 25, 2012

I am really very happy that I found this product! It really removes even old stains, when buying 60 loads - very economical, natural... Will buy again (other flavours too)!

The best powder!

Posted by naturalsgirls on Oct 08, 2012

The best powder! Washes for five-plus, very fragrant linen and additional air conditioning is not necessary. I will still take it. Like the scent of magnolia powder.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1395628 on Jul 01, 2011

I`m very happy i`ve ordered this detergent, nice smell,well washing and i will purchase again, it is better than detergents we have in the shops :-)

Posted by Strelka on Jul 30, 2012

superīga, neuzbāzīga smarža, labs mazgājamais.ērts iepakojums, ekonomisks

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer2490120 on Jul 31, 2011

Love the smell, cleans well. like the convenience of pre-measured packets.

very good

Posted by VentVert on Jun 11, 2011

smells like a good perfume and cleans very well

Effective!

Posted by Reviewer1004877 on Jul 26, 2011

I mix this with their Bleach Alternative pods, and they do a very good job with not much needed. I'm giving only 4 stars because the scent is not really fragrant, but more like soap.

Made us itch like crazy

Posted by Reviewer1165509 on Nov 05, 2011

I loved the pre-measured packs, the cleaning results and could live with the smell, but after realizing it made us itch like crazy don't think I will buy any more. I will try the scent-free which I already have to see if that makes any difference. Have now seen that another customer had a similar complaint. Up until now would not say that we have had any sensitivities to detergents.