BROWN RICE FILLERS!

Posted by 4974378732333400441 on Jun 27, 2014

I would honestly give this 0 stars if I could. I hate how misleading the advertising it but I guess it's my fault that I thought I was getting quality matcha for a fraction of the price I normally do. This is definatly not ceremonial grade matcha. It tastes horrible and disgusting, not to mention it is only 20% matcha. Don't waste your money.

Dull army color = BAD

Posted by 4727744879118359558 on Nov 07, 2013

Good quality matcha tea should be bright electric green in color and NOT other shades of green. The tub I received is a dull army green color with acidic aftertaste. Have written in, hope I get a refund for this.

Not pure, it's 80% rice solids!

Posted by 4820317958418509589 on Apr 17, 2015

On opening this I was surprised to see it was more greeny brown that rich green. If you read very closely you'll see that a 5g serving only contains 1g ( 1000mg ) of Matcha Green Tea. The other ingredient listed is brown rice powder. This is very impure. I don't know how they can say it is Ceremonial Grade Matcha Green Tea Drink. It is mostly rice. I suspect the 5 star reviews are paid reviews, or silly people who have never had %100 Matcha Green Tea before. Here's a clue - it's Green! I threw this in the bin. Tastes like dirt.

Product OK but totally misleading marketing & packaging

Posted by Reviewer3014933 on Aug 02, 2015

Buyer beware. I bought this on the advice of a colleague thinking I was buying high quality green tea. It's actually mostly brown rice, with 20% green tea. The deceptive labelling and marketing leads creates suspicion about the other claims made for the product. This product should be clearly labeled as a "Green Tea Drink" with something like "Contains 20% Green Tea" or "Contains 1gram of Green Tea in each serve" clearly visible. Shame, as if it was properly labeled I'd rate it more highly. It mixes and tastes OK - but can't be trusted because of the label.

Misleading, NOT ceremonial grade!

Posted by 5331978969266682254 on Jul 12, 2015

ONLY 20% Matcha. 80% brown rice. Very weak in terms of flavor.

Poor quality, bad taste

Posted by 5225153097559668929 on Mar 30, 2014

This is not a good quality matcha. Tastes terrible. I've even tried to put it in baking to try to use it up, and it is still the worst matcha I've ever tried. As a last resort I'm going to try adding it to smoothies because I hate to waste it. There are other much better brands here on iHerb that I would recommend before this one.

Dissappointing

Posted by 4786205124798351315 on Sep 18, 2014

I have never come across such a brown coloured matcha green tea. It is definitely a cheap product and of poor quality. Wont be buying this again.