BROWN RICE FILLERS!

Posted by 4974378732333400441 on Jun 27, 2014

I would honestly give this 0 stars if I could. I hate how misleading the advertising it but I guess it's my fault that I thought I was getting quality matcha for a fraction of the price I normally do. This is definatly not ceremonial grade matcha. It tastes horrible and disgusting, not to mention it is only 20% matcha. Don't waste your money.

Dull army color = BAD

Posted by 4727744879118359558 on Nov 07, 2013

Good quality matcha tea should be bright electric green in color and NOT other shades of green. The tub I received is a dull army green color with acidic aftertaste. Have written in, hope I get a refund for this.

Not pure, it's 80% rice solids!

Posted by 4820317958418509589 on Apr 17, 2015

On opening this I was surprised to see it was more greeny brown that rich green. If you read very closely you'll see that a 5g serving only contains 1g ( 1000mg ) of Matcha Green Tea. The other ingredient listed is brown rice powder. This is very impure. I don't know how they can say it is Ceremonial Grade Matcha Green Tea Drink. It is mostly rice. I suspect the 5 star reviews are paid reviews, or silly people who have never had %100 Matcha Green Tea before. Here's a clue - it's Green! I threw this in the bin. Tastes like dirt.

Product OK but totally misleading marketing & packaging

Posted by Reviewer3014933 on Aug 02, 2015

Buyer beware. I bought this on the advice of a colleague thinking I was buying high quality green tea. It's actually mostly brown rice, with 20% green tea. The deceptive labelling and marketing leads creates suspicion about the other claims made for the product. This product should be clearly labeled as a "Green Tea Drink" with something like "Contains 20% Green Tea" or "Contains 1gram of Green Tea in each serve" clearly visible. Shame, as if it was properly labeled I'd rate it more highly. It mixes and tastes OK - but can't be trusted because of the label.

Misleading, NOT ceremonial grade!

Posted by 5331978969266682254 on Jul 12, 2015

ONLY 20% Matcha. 80% brown rice. Very weak in terms of flavor.

Poor quality, bad taste

Posted by 5225153097559668929 on Mar 30, 2014

This is not a good quality matcha. Tastes terrible. I've even tried to put it in baking to try to use it up, and it is still the worst matcha I've ever tried. As a last resort I'm going to try adding it to smoothies because I hate to waste it. There are other much better brands here on iHerb that I would recommend before this one.

Dissappointing

Posted by 4786205124798351315 on Sep 18, 2014

I have never come across such a brown coloured matcha green tea. It is definitely a cheap product and of poor quality. Wont be buying this again.

NOT MATCHA GREEN TEA

Posted by 5709067291326824279 on May 24, 2016

This product is 80% rice flour. Great tea if you want to gain wait, terrible if you want to get the health benefits of Matcha green tea. The producers have been very sneaky about the description of the contents, using different weight measurements to conceal the real ingredients. Much better products out there if you want Matcha tea. I bought this and was very disappointed.